Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

We need to get back to 4-3-3 rather than a 4-2-3-1.  He's not a target man.

They are almost the same. We just dont have wide forwards now that HBA is out and Ba sold. We are playing almost like 451

Hopeless hold up play.. apart from the technical ability, Cisse lacks the mental qualities to play that role. We're f***ed if we are relying on him only.

This is what I've started to think. I know he's a good finisher, but you need a bit more from your main striker than that. He doesn't have to be great at holding the ball up or running the flanks - just not completely hopeless.

Pardew needs to think outside the box a bit. Cisse had such a good spell last season that it's tempting to try and reproduce it. But he needs to look at building the most effective attacking unit, not just try to load the bullets for Cisse.

Getting Cabaye back is massive. He can slide in the kind of pass that Cisse thrives on and which has been sorely missed, compounded by the absence of HBA.

Was it Stoke at home last season where he took out 4 players with one pass to Papiss. Dat pass :sweetjesus:

Is he just entirely useless outside of smacking the ball into the net? He didn't have service today, and this is unfortunate, but when he gets the ball in our half, the result is almost always negative. His hold up play, passing, and dribbling are at the Nigerian Premier League level. Unbelievably poor.

I do feel bad for him in this team, as he has been miscast.

It was a shocking misuse of his skills really, the positions he received the ball in meant that he was always going to be ineffective.

Wasn't until Cabaye came on I though he might get something, although cabaye through balls didnt work out thats the kind of thing we need to be doing for him, especially if remy signs.  If we play through balls all opponents will have to drop extremely deep meaning well control the game, if they dont Remy and Cisse will have a field day.

He was still taking up good positions between defenders etc, which is a good sign. When Cabaye came on it certainly encouraged him too.

He's a born goalscorer, if we can get him the ball in the right positions he'll get loads. Big if at the moment of course.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, it's time for this fella to get back in the swing of it. A goal or two at the weekend could do the lad the world of good.

Then again, Big plank Shola is back isn't he, so expect Cisse to be playing out on the right. 

With Marveaux and HBA either side I'm fairly confident with that attack. Problem is at the moment we're relying on or rather "hoping" for Obertan to do something because we don't have another option. This is exactly the game where he needs to show up but just no confidence he will at all.