Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest hydeous

Wouldn't mind if he was on the wing. He's just not in good enough form to be the lone striker. People give Cisse too much rope on here.

Wouldn't mind if he was on the wing. He's just not in good enough form to be the lone striker. People give Cisse too much rope on here.

In that case put him on the bench and play a proper winger. That would be the logical conclusion to your train of thought.

I've been critical of him, but seeing as Shola is our one and only alternative today Cisse should play centrally be it in a 442 or 433. Anything else is an insult.

Also, he's still part of a front 3 (hopefully). Can still get into good positions. Let's see how he does today.

If he's out of form as according to your earlier post, then why play him at all? Put him on the bench and leave the goal scoring to the deadly Shola.

Guest hydeous

Oh, nevermind! I'm just trying to keep my optimism for this one! Sorry TRon!

Cisse, please score two, Shola, please do something. I'm going for a refill. HWTL!!!

I think an additional striker should be our main target in the next window.

I don't think Cisse is versatile enough. What we're seeing now is pretty much what we're going to get - a poacher who doesn't offer much else. We were being over-optimistic in hoping that the freaky run of last season was going to continue.

Shola can do a good job as a target man and is woefully under-rated on here, but we could do with someone more mobile.

Gouffran I feel confident can do a job in that wider position, but we need someone in the middle to take us to the next level.

I think an additional striker should be our main target in the next window.

I don't think Cisse is versatile enough. What we're seeing now is pretty much what we're going to get - a poacher who doesn't offer much else. We were being over-optimistic in hoping that the freaky run of last season was going to continue.

Shola can do a good job as a target man and is woefully under-rated on here, but we could do with someone more mobile.

Gouffran I feel confident can do a job in that wider position, but we need someone in the middle to take us to the next level.

Oh have a word will ya.

Shola had a good game last night but let's not get carried away. He has these performances a few times a year but he shouldn't be used as more than an impact sub 95% of the time.

Agreed. I think his decision to play Shola yesterday has been vindicated, however his decision to play Cisse wide most certainly wasn't.

according to wiki 7 goals in 34 appearances this season, say what you like that's simply not good enough...if he doesn't make double figures by the end of the season he's had an absolute howler tbf

Very true,

was watching all his goals from last season  :weep: (that i edited  :iamatwat:)

cannot believe 12 games to go in the season and still waiting for him to hoy his shooting boots on, Hopefully he can start knocking some in from tomoz  :clap2:

He's not been good enough this season. Have to acknowledge some time of it he's been out of position, but still loss of confidence. Have sympathy for him, don;t think it's for lack of trying but never got going. This summer need to find an alternative striker to him tbh, to put pressure on him.

If he finds form again no doubt he's a brilliant striker, but can't rely on him.

He's not been good enough this season. Have to acknowledge some time of it he's been out of position, but still loss of confidence. Have sympathy for him, don;t think it's for lack of trying but never got going. This summer need to find an alternative striker to him tbh, to put pressure on him.

If he finds form again no doubt he's a brilliant striker, but can't rely on him.

Definitely agree :thup: but if that is going to happen Pardew MUST NOT do what he did with Ba and Cisse and force them together while risking the balance, style of play and system of the team.

If we can buy a striker which allows us to play both and not change anything to effect the balance of the team then great but if not then don't stick them together and make the team unbalanced.

Aubameyang may be ideal solution, him and Gouffran can challenge for the up front spot and also play out wide if Cisse finds his feet.

This is exactly what i'd like to see, hopefully Aubameyang as well. That's why i didn't want Bony when we were rumoured to have submitted a bid for him.