Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Marveaux is a good player for Cisse.

Yep, exactly the thing i was trying to get across early in the thread.  Marv can actually pick him out of a cluster of players.

Id still like to see Marv, just off Cisse.  In a beardsley type role.

Really need Marveaux starting to get the best from him, no coincidence that his best form for us came when Cabaye and Ben Arfa were more or less behind him.

Marveaux is the only one in the squad who comes close to replicating that supply line.

He had joy last night because of benfica's high line,  he rarely gets that luxury in the premiership.

but also dropped off him to let him lay the ball off with his head a few times. best of both worlds for him.

Amazes me that there's any real debate about Cisse, like. Play him centrally, give him service and he'll always score and open up space for others.

:nods:

Shocking that I've seen people suggest that we should try and upgrade on him in the summer.

Edit: I'm sure you've been saying this as well, but it's hardly a surprise that he scored and was desperately unlucky to not get two from low crosses. We have to look for that ball more often.

People wanting an upgrade are forgetting how brilliant he is when given the right service and confident. I do want another striker as 1 and Shola is not enough at all (though Campbell may make the grade) but not an 'upgrade'. Cisse was great Thursday, imagine if he'd got that hattrick he was so close to away at Benfica...

He needs competition and someone else to take the pressure off a bit. I reckon Gouffran would look a lot more lethal through the centre but we have no-one capable of playing the position he vacates.

If we sign the players we should in the summer (another forward and a wide player) Cisse will have a lot more help. That said he has looked a lot more his old self of late. I thought he was brilliant at Benfica, was all over the place and making very intelligent runs, reading the line a lot better than he was at the start of the season too.