Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Reached a strange landmark today, 13 goals which is the same amount he got for us last year.

This time it's taken him 40 games rather than 14, however it's not a bad return all things considered.  Can see him ending up with 16 or 17 plus.

The cliché about him not hitting the heights of last season are starting to piss me off. Yeah he's not scoring every single game any more, big fucking wow. :lol:

He's currently got 5 in 8, and 8 in 18 which should really be 9 in 18 considering the Metalist officiating howler. He should probably have more, but 1 in 2 isn't exactly shite is it?

The cliché about him not hitting the heights of last season are starting to p*ss me off. Yeah he's not scoring every single game any more, big f***ing wow. :lol:

He's currently got 5 in 8, and 8 in 18 which should really be 9 in 18 considering the Metalist officiating howler. He should probably have more, but 1 in 2 isn't exactly s**** is it?

Growing up i was always told 1 in 2 is a great return for any striker, then that wanker Messi came along :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

TBF, if this is him out of form, then I'm delighted. He has his faults, but every player does. He's still fucking class, especially considering how much he was dicked around when Ba was here and the lack of playing to his strengths a lot of the time.

Today was a prime example of us not playing to his strengths and painted a clear picture of why his form has suffered at times this season, everything put forward were long balls and Cisse just isn't that kind of striker, if you get him the ball to his feet with a few decent deliveries he will put it away more often than not.

Whether it be Pardew or whether it be a new manager I just hope we can play to his strengths and I really think we would see him flourish once again.

It's that dinked, looped, cross field ball in his direction that is a waste of time. Not necessarily 'long' as such, but completely the wrong ball for him. He needs it to run onto, through balls into space, he's not going to control a looped pass and lay it off as that's not what he's good at.

I was watching his runs carefully yesterday to see if some of the moans about him being offside more often than not, the reality is that he makes some exceptional runs and he sees the person receive the ball but more times than not they don't release early enough, cabaye did it a couple of times.

He is red hot at the moment, just lady luck is at that time of the month I would say... Benfica, you will suffer !3!!

Is this Giggs? Apprently Pardew was furious with Papiss after he didnt pass that ball to Marveaux, showed him the clip of it in the rooms at halftime, to tell Papiss it wasnt good enough and he needs to be more aware. Then supposedly Papiss cracked the major shits at Pardew. Pardew later saying he regretted showing it to him at half time.

Yes it's Giggs, Pardew said it post-match. It's obviously been spectacularly embellished since then though :lol: Pardew said he'd shown Cisse the video of the chance mentioned, and he said Cisse was upset about it. Said he'd wondered if he had managed Cisse the right way there.

Obviously not a problem, though.

Yes it's Giggs, Pardew said it post-match. It's obviously been spectacularly embellished since then though :lol: Pardew said he'd shown Cisse the video of the chance mentioned, and he said Cisse was upset about it. Said he'd wondered if he had managed Cisse the right way there.

Obviously not a problem, though.

cheers, Pardew spouts alot of shit sometimes. Those comments about getting his money stolen while celebrating with the fans. Just random shit that he comes out with.

Is this Giggs? Apprently Pardew was furious with Papiss after he didnt pass that ball to Marveaux, showed him the clip of it in the rooms at halftime, to tell Papiss it wasnt good enough and he needs to be more aware. Then supposedly Papiss cracked the major shits at Pardew. Pardew later saying he regretted showing it to him at half time.

This is the Daily Mail version of events, before anyone gets excited.

His movement in and around the box is fantastic like, has that ability to find an extra yard of space that very few strikers have.

Reckon he'll always be a player that'll frustrate to some extent because he's not actually that good a finisher for the most part. Misses some real sitters and will continue to do so I'd imagine, just doesn't have that little bit of composure that he needs in certain situations. Yesterday when he should have given it back to Marveaux was a prime example. I don't think he was being greedy, I just reckon he panicked a bit.

What he makes up for it with though is some brilliant goals from half chances and movement in the box that'll ensure that he keeps getting enough chances to post a healthy goal return.

Hope we add some better wide options to play either side of him in the 4-2-3-1 over the summer, think he can be a quality #9 for us for years to come. :snod:

All true, you missed out the bit where he kicked him in the face though.