Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Thing is saying he's good enough because we are s****, surely that mitigates a lot of the criticism, we've got to be one of the worst attacking units in the  league, and he still scores regularly. Fair enough he had that horrific run but the whole team was awful at that point

You think he would get in the top teams in the league?

I don't know, but he's certainly a very good PL goal scorer.  Spurs would have him over soldado,  he'd score at arsenal. I've never seen him in a better side than ours, but I do know he's a proven PL goal scorer

Basically.

We would let him go for a decent fee. IN the PL I would be surprised if a top 6/7 side came in for him and he succeeded.

For us - at the moment he's the top lad. The difference between safe and relegated.

We'd let anyone go for a decent fee, not really sure that's much of a revelation.

We'd let anyone go for a HALF DECENT fee...

I mean, he's not better than Aguero but he's a good striker and scores a lot of goals.

:lol: Glad we straightened that out.

Yeah it's obvious, but so is the whole discussion.

Especially as we don't have anyone else who remotely resembles a centre forward. It's the equivalent of a mackem complaining Defoe's not as good as Alexis Sanchez.

Would he play for a 'proper team' though?  It would be good if we weren't such a negative, abhorrent side for sure.  But, Cisse is such a poor footballer, I don't think he'd ever get signed for a decent team.  If he did, he wouldn't be starting games.  He can barely manage that for us and we're a disgrace :lol:

Eh? That's rubbish tbh. He'd get in most teams, quite easily. He scores goals consistently, that's enough.

Like who's team would he get in on a regular basis?  Key word being 'decent'.  Which top ten teams would he be a regular starter for?  Going abroad, perhaps he could get in a better side than ours, but that isn't particularly hard is it?  We're a shower. 

Saying that, you can point to our shitness as an excuse all you want.  He didn't consistently score goals the last two seasons.  Ba and Remy managed it for a longer period if memory serves.  Both got the moves (payday) they wanted.  If he is that good, why haven't teams come in for him with a serious bid? 

I like the bloke.  I think he is wasted in our negative team.  But I think his all round game is pretty crap.  His touch is poor, he is born offside and his link up play is hit and miss.  He's half decent in the air, but far from a target man to hold it up.

Oh, I've wasted my time.  I see this has been covered in the last few posts :lol:

In summary, his 1 in 3 record is decent and he is a good player for us.  I just don't see him playing for a top club in his career. 

Think he'd be starting for Southampton as well tbh. Pelle has scored two goals less than Papiss despite playing pretty much every game this season. I know Pelle  does more than score goals, but Cissé would still be an upgrade on him IMO.

I honestly just cannot get over how bad he is all round, for someone that has been in pro football this long.

That said, his goals per minutes ratio is pretty amazing this year.  Strange after two years of nothing he starts banging them in.  But he has been around 1 in 2 elsewhere before his move here.  Urgh.  I don't know what to think anymore.

His overall game isn't brilliant, so you just compensate with the tactics, get him on the end of moves, not involved deep

Simples!

No one was moaning about his build up play when he first joined that's for sure.

The more disgusting our team, and our football has become, th emore his overall game has deteriorated.

All started with shunting him out on the right. Imagine playing someone with his skill set or lack thereof on the right man.

Pardew is vile.

No way would he play ahead of Pelle.  Pelle without scoring gave us the run around. They just lumper it up to him and held us off to get attacks started. He only technically got 1 assist but he was vital in ther fist goal.

Giroud and even Welbeck are excellent all round players and they are big reasons why their side can create. They don't just wait for the ball they contribute to their attacking style. Cisse doesn't contribute.

His one touch link up play is actually really good when it's not really really shit. He's capable of the ridiculous but sometimes does something daft like kick a simple 5 yard ball out of play, or sky an open goal over the bar.

I'm surprised more people won't admit this, but then again I'm not that surprised either.

Cisse's all round game doesn't need to be good, he's a finisher and to be honest when he's on form he's a pretty fucking decent finisher as well. He's not the type of forward you get who is going to hold up play for there to join or to play others in, he's the type who you get the ball to and he does that last bit of sticking it in the net.

Cisse's all round game doesn't need to be good, he's a finisher and to be honest when he's on form he's a pretty f***ing decent finisher as well. He's not the type of forward you get who is going to hold up play for there to join or to play others in, he's the type who you get the ball to and he does that last bit of sticking it in the net.

Agree, apart from he is crap when he gets no service which was the majority of time during his first full season to the present.