Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

people keep saying this but doesn't the increase in penalty only apply when someone makes a 'frivolous appeal' after the ban hammer drops?  he said he didn't do it and they disagreed so gave him the standard ban, there's nowt else to it

Yeah that's right, seems a bit weird imo as there's no real reason (other than looking like a prat) not to deny wrongdoing up until the ban is dished out.

• 1 month later...

I read that Cissé took advantage of his ban to have another operation on his knee. Has he been in any of the training photos for a while? I wonder if he'll be fit when his ban ends? His ban ends after the Leicester game.

I don't think the club bargained for that we lose all those games and we would be safe by then. We need him but he will probably be out for the season.

I read that Cissé took advantage of his ban to have another operation on his knee. Has he been in any of the training photos for a while? I wonder if he'll be fit when his ban ends? His ban ends after the Leicester game.

I don't think the club bargained for that we lose all those games and we would be safe by then. We need him but he will probably be out for the season.

That's what I'm thinking. They've been very quiet about him considering he's due back in one game. He hasn't been mentioned as returning where as Aarons, Dummett and De Jong have been.

Haha what a cock up it would be if thats true and he's out for the season. I thought maybe Cisse along with Sissoko returning would probably end up saving Carvers skin with a fluke win or couple of draws somewhere.

Guest chicken little

i love it when our players go and have operations they've given no indication of needing to fix problems nobody knew they had

i love it when our players go and have operations they've given no indication of needing to fix problems nobody knew they had

Well you can't be talking about Cisse. He hasn't looked fully fit all season. Apparently he was having screws removed from his knee which were put in during the last operation. If screws were put in, presumably they knew they would have to be removed at some point unless they were supposed to be permanent.

Should ask Dispatches to do a documentary on it, might get a response from the club.

“It’s something that we were going to do anyway,” said John Carver, Newcastle’s head coach who has had to nurse his leading scorer through the past few weeks as Cissé became increasingly troubled by the screw inserted during surgery to repair a broken kneecap last April.

“It’s not a big problem with Papiss’s knee – this was maintenance that was always going to be needed. They’ve removed the screw so it’s been sorted. I really don’t think his knee is a big issue now. If anything good has come out it all [the spitting contest with Evans] it’s the fact that we can do this now.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/13/papiss-cisse-newcastle-jonny-evans-manchester-united-john-carver

Guest Geordiesned

Carver apparently uncertain if Cisse will return next weekend. Nailed on out for season and probably played last game for us. 

Whoever convinced the club we were safe at 35 points and didn't need to appoint a manager or bring in defenders or let cisse get operated on needs their head chopped off at the gallowgate in the nude.

This club is just insane. We need to get these fucking amateurs out.

Guest Gino14

The club must have been thinking that even at their worst, the terrible clubs get at least about 0.6-0.8 points per game over a run.  If that had happened since Carver took over, we'd have between 38 and 40 points now.  Sadly Carver has managed to eclipse that rubbishness spectacularly with his five points, getting 0.36 points per game.

The hilarious thing is that if he continues with his 0.36 points per game average we'll actually probably stay up on either 36 or 37 points.