Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Proper 'who hates spitting the most?' in here like. We get it, nee one likes spitting, it doesn't mean that 7 games is warranted when John Terry's calling people 'fucking black cunts' and getting 4 games, does it?

this is my major problem, I have absolutely 0 issue with Cisse getting a ban but frankly it seems stupidly over the top to me, yes spitting is rather disgusting but ultimately it hurts no one, does no serious damage to anything but ego but it gets automatically twice the ban violent conduct does? Gets more than being a fucking racist which is a far more serious issue than some saliva. Whomever decided this rule has seriously skewed priorities

Surely denying it should lead to a lengthier ban? Isn't remorse one of the main factors where punishments are handed out in the real world?

real world yes but in the FIFA world admitting guilt is a bad thing

Aye, whether Cisse was spat at or not, he clearly thought he was. Of course he shouldn't have spat back, but 'spitting back' is clearly different  than just spitting at someone. No doubt it should be punished, but for it to be 3 games more than a recent racism ban sends a terrible message. I just never considered it'd be one of those special lengthy bans. 7 games!

It really is pathetic how spitting is seen as being worse than racism, that's the message that's gone out tonight.

Regardless of how many matches it ends up being (and I agree that 6-7 is ott), it'll be his second entirely avoidable suspension this season. Leaves us with Ayoze, Riviere, and Armstrong, all of 5 league goals between them (all belonging to Ayoze), as the sum total of our striking options (seeing as Gouffran doesn't exist as a striker in Carver's eyes and Ferreyra doesn't exist at all).

The more time Cisse misses, the better. Safety seems almost assured, just go on a nice streak of even more s*** than usual to force their f***ing hands re: an actual manager.

My worry about that is that it will give them an excuse to say he was working in difficult circumstances with an understrength squad due to injuries and suspensions so that he cannot be judged fairly.

:lol: this can literally be spun any way.

Well deserved. Disgusting thing to do and have absolutely no time for retards who do that.

Atleast he had the brains to admit it. Evans is an even bigger cunt for denying it.

And anyone who says its a reaction...what kind of person has that as an reaction to anything? I'd rather see him throwing a punch than spitting.

If the ref had seen it and given him a red card I believe he'd have got a four game ban, so why the extra three?

6 game ban for spitting is Fifa worldwide mandated sanction for spitting offences, +1 for being a dick previously.

Ah right, thought it was just a straight red and normal ban.

Well deserved. Disgusting thing to do and have absolutely no time for retards who do that.

Atleast he had the brains to admit it. Evans is an even bigger cunt for denying it.

And anyone who says its a reaction...what kind of person has that as an reaction to anything? I'd rather see him throwing a punch than spitting.

Cisse obviously, who by all account seems like a wonderful bloke.

Guest firetotheworks

That's nonsense like. Everyone has it in them to react to do the same thing that someone's done to you.

I reckon I'd possibly spit straight back at someone if they did at me, I'd be raging and first instinct would be 'eye for an eye'.

Surely Evans is guaranteed longer ban. Can't deny it, initiated it and has tried to fight it.

(Note, instinct, not detached rational judgement)

Atleast he had the brains to admit it. Evans is an even bigger c*** for denying it.

That's nonsense like. Everyone has it in them to react to do the same thing that someone's done to you.

No they don't man :lol:

It's stupid as fuck, the rule, that it's 6 games for spitting. I'm sorry that punishment in no way justifies the offense by either player.

Racism, fighting, a tackle that breaks bones, far more fucking impactful on the game, a person, their health than some saliva hurled in the heat of anger by 2 idiots.

It's ridiculous. :thup:

You mean a punch that can potentially kill vs spitting that can potentially annoy?

Being spat on is disgusting, but Evans can hardly be disgusted by it given he was the one who did it to begin with.