Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

The comparison to Terry's ban for racism is ridiculous. One of the bans was way out of proportion and it isn't Cisse's, all of the criticism should be directed at the FA for only banning him for 4 games, that's the joke ban. Cisse can't really complain, it's abhorrent.

Bollocks this like, what's becoming clear is that anything the media jumps on gets picked up and acted upon quickly and harshly by the FA whereas other stuff slips off the radar.  Which is completely ridiculous when you consider that most people in the media aren't in the least bit unbiased or without an agenda of their own.

What has happened to referees over a number of years has made its way into retrospective punishment - decisions not being made based on the crime at hand but rather for the fear of consequences in the media.  The worky ticket managers and ex-players of big clubs fuel that of course, and it ends up with more of these things going their way.

It's a weird one. I'm completely opposed to the idea of banning players tbh, I think it's pointless in most circumstances.

Pointless? It's a punishment.

I suppose what I'm saying is it's a shit form of punishment, in most case anyway.

Would you advocate getting rid of suspensions altogether, in favour of (presumably) bigger fines?

For the most part aye, I'm not really sure how far I'd go like but it would be a massive reduction from what it is, where we have a ridiculous tier system leading to things like this. I'd keep them for certain things, racism, extreme violence, reckless and dangerous challenges etc.

5 yellow cards and you miss a game type of stuff though definitely needs to go imo.

Guest Gino14

I have no problem with a ban for spitting, but for me the standard three games is enough.  You can do an absolute leg breaker on someone and it's three games.  I just don't believe that spitting is worse.  I've heard some utter nonsense since last night about "Worst thing in the game" and "Worst thing you can do on a pitch."  I even heard a corker from Alan McInally that he'd rather be injured than be spat on.  Give me a choice and I'll take a cloth and wipe the spit off rather than be injured.  I think I'd probably take it over even a slight bruise.  It's disgusting but the damage is almost nil, so to me the lunacy over it from pundits is silly.

Love Evans trying to deny it when he's even spat at Riviere earlier in the game.  Oh he's just continually spitting at the floor, but right next to people where it has to fly past them to get onto the floor.  He should be getting 10 games just for being so tragically dishonest.

The comparison to Terry's ban for racism is ridiculous. One of the bans was way out of proportion and it isn't Cisse's, all of the criticism should be directed at the FA for only banning him for 4 games, that's the joke ban. Cisse can't really complain, it's abhorrent.

I disagree and I don't see how it's ridiculous. It highlights the stupidity of their decision making which is the point.

You think 7 games for spitting is fine, I reckon it's fucking idiotic.

It's a weird one. I'm completely opposed to the idea of banning players tbh, I think it's pointless in most circumstances.

I suppose what I'm saying is it's a shit form of punishment, in most case anyway.

Would you advocate getting rid of suspensions altogether, in favour of (presumably) bigger fines?

For the most part aye, I'm not really sure how far I'd go like but it would be a massive reduction from what it is, where we have a ridiculous tier system leading to things like this. I'd keep them for certain things, racism, extreme violence, reckless and dangerous challenges etc.

5 yellow cards and you miss a game type of stuff though definitely needs to go imo.

If you're looking to improve the behaviour/conduct of the players on the park then the only punishment that's going to work would be losing points. Your club "can't control it's players"? no problem, lose 3 points. Your captain bites someone? no problem, lose 5 points. Your players have dived 3 times? no problem, lose 2 points.

Guarantee that all of the above would stop if the potential punishment hurt the club in the league table. Behaviour and conduct of the players would improve overnight.

I personally don't think Evans spat at him, his face said it all for me, he was so focused on the physical coming together he doesn't even notice Cisse spitting back. Then when he finally listens to Cisse about the spitting the WTF? face looked very convincing. Should be on stage if not.

If you can be guilty of spitting near someone without thought then he's guilty. Cisse is certainly guilty for reacting like he always does, OTT and very snide however 7 games is ridiculous as people have pointed out, especially when you look at Terry & Suarez.

No common sense left in the game, FA showing how stupid they are.

If the ref had seen it and given him a red card I believe he'd have got a four game ban, so why the extra three?

6 game ban for spitting is Fifa worldwide mandated sanction for spitting offences, +1 for being a dick previously.

Fines are meaningless, bans are the only thing that really hurt player and club.

Certain clubs are hurt much more than others when a player misses games, and certain things happen in the spur of the moment when things get heated with no thought of the consequence in mind.

If it isn't dangerous play/racism etc then it can be handled with a fine or a small ban, at the minute it's out of control though imo. I don't think giving Cisse a 7 match ban is going to prevent anyone from spitting anymore than a 2 match ban would, he's just being banned excessively because they've created some ridiculous tier system where certain things deemed diabolical get the book thrown at them. There's no real sense behind it imo.

I disagree and I don't see how it's ridiculous. It highlights the stupidity of their decision making which is the point.

You think 7 games for spitting is fine, I reckon it's fucking idiotic.

That's why it's ridiculous. :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Proper 'who hates spitting the most?' in here like. We get it, nee one likes spitting, it doesn't mean that 7 games is warranted when John Terry's calling people 'fucking black cunts' and getting 4 games, does it?

If you're looking to improve the behaviour/conduct of the players on the park then the only punishment that's going to work would be losing points. Your club "can't control it's players"? no problem, lose 3 points. Your captain bites someone? no problem, lose 5 points. Your players have dived 3 times? no problem, lose 2 points.

Guarantee that all of the above would stop if the potential punishment hurt the club in the league table. Behaviour and conduct of the players would improve overnight.

I think that would be fairer overall to the league if it was implemented properly, aye. As I say my major problem is certain clubs being effected more by the current system than others.

I'm in favour of lengthy bans for spitting but this isn't a typical spitting incident. Far from it, in fact.

It wasn't Cisse who introduced spitting into the confrontation, for one. Two, he's acting under extreme duress when he spits.

Guest Gino14

I'm in favour of lengthy bans for spitting but this isn't a typical spitting incident. Far from it, in fact.

It wasn't Cisse who introduced spitting into the confrontation, for one. Two, he's acting under extreme duress when he spits.

And watch Evans walk away from it free with a loose claim about spitting at the floor and the FA saying they can't disprove it.

Cisse is certainly guilty for reacting like he always does, OTT and very snide

Eh, isn't the elbow earlier on this season the first time he's acted like anything other than an absolute saint since he arrived at NUFC?

It's stupid as fuck, the rule, that it's 6 games for spitting. I'm sorry that punishment in no way justifies the offense by either player.

Racism, fighting, a tackle that breaks bones, far more fucking impactful on the game, a person, their health than some saliva hurled in the heat of anger by 2 idiots.

I think that would be fairer overall to the league if it was implemented properly, aye. As I say my major problem is certain clubs being effected more by the current system than others.

Big, rich clubs losing a player for 3 games is neither here nor there. They've got the largest/best squads in the country so banning an individual players for something he's done during a game doesn't hinder the club at all. The simply bring in another international for a couple of weeks.

Fining millionaires isn't going to be a deterrent either. Until the FA look at punishing the club in the league via points deductions because of the conduct of it's players then we'll continue to see these arseholes act like cunts week after week after week.

Aye, whether Cisse was spat at or not, he clearly thought he was. Of course he shouldn't have spat back, but 'spitting back' is clearly different  than just spitting at someone. No doubt it should be punished, but for it to be 3 games more than a recent racism ban sends a terrible message. I just never considered it'd be one of those special lengthy bans. 7 games!

Fining millionaires isn't going to be a deterrent either. Until the FA look at punishing the club in the league via points deductions because of the conduct of it's players then we'll continue to see these arseholes act like cunts week after week after week.

See what you're saying midds but that'd be very dangerous given the favouritism we see towards certain clubs, fuelled by media campaigns.

Unless you can guarantee complete objectivity, it's going to be the same thing happening with potentially even more dodgy consequences.

I'm really shocked at the length of the ban and how the club hasn't even tried to contest it. It will be interesting to see how they deal with Evans given he is denying the charge despite blatantly spitting on him first. I'd have probably judged anything over 3 as harsh. It's an awful thing to do but 7 games seems mighty excessive. Cisse must have been desperate to get out of a few games, It's record time for accepting a charge.  :lol:

See what you're saying midds but that'd be very dangerous given the favouritism we see towards certain clubs, fuelled by media campaigns.

That's not something you or I have got any control over though. You'd be relying on the FA looking at games impartially and applying the same set of sanctions to all clubs without bias. I accept that would be an issue but if the mere threat of points deductions is hanging over them  then they would be far less likely to go on the way they do imo.

I take your point about the media like, they're manipulative scum. :thup:

IMO the only way you can stop players from doing stupid things like this, is bring in massive fines. If you're on thousands a week why would you care about missing a month Or two of football? Lose a big % of your wage, whether that be monthly, annually or whatever, you would think twice about being a horrid arsehole.

In this case, it doesn't really bother me. What a prick and he deserves all he got. Spitting is horrific, even worse than him uppercutting Evans to the deck.