Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I think Cisse would probably benefit from playing off a target man, but with Perez linking so well with Mitro, he's going to get a decent run in the side if we can start scoring goals from it.

Still think he'd be a liability

I can understand why McClaren is still thinking about it though, he's a goal scorer and would probably score more playing off a target man than leading the line himself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent yesterday. All round. The ball actually stuck to him. Closed down defenders but maintained that strikers instinct and movement we've lacked.

Excellent? Not for me. He wasn't shit like he has been, he worked harder and more things worked for him but I'm not throwing that description his way. He fluffed an easy chance too.

He looks so uncomfortable on the ball, more so than Williamson.

How so?

He was excellent on the ball yesterday. Was actually surprising how well he handled the Liverpool CBs. He controlled pretty much everything and then looked to bring others into play.

I'm gutted and a bit dissapointed Mitro was dropped but tbf to Cisse he's not done anything wrong since being called upon and has taken his chance well. Still believe Mitro/Perez up top with De Jong in behind should be the way forward though.

Where would you play De Jong? He's a proper #10 for me, never a CM.

Anita

Sissoko Wijnaldum

De Jong

Mitrovic Perez

I'd just have Perez as the runner, basically the legs for De Jong/Mitro, working the channels and looking for runs in behind.

Cisse offers more goal threat, and he lead the line well yesterday. It's not a slight on Mitro who has done alright mostly, but Cisse is a proven premier striker even if some fans don't like him.