Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah nee chance of that midfield happening under SMC. Nor do I see it working. 

Well of course it's never going to happen under SMC, his golden boy Jack Colback doesn't feature in it :lol:

I just hate having effectivley two central midfielders as our wingers. Aarons would be straight in on the left once he's fit and ready. He's another who McClaren says he rates in the press but doesn't back that up in his team selections.

I don't think either of them are central midfielders. Definitely not Sissoko in a midfield 2. Definitely not alongside each other or any of our current CM's IMO. Think Gini's best as a wide playmaker that drifts in like a Nasri, Pires or perhaps a Ljungberg with the goals.  Also pretty natural as a #10.  On CM he might have too much defensive work to do. 

My opinion of Sissoko is well known #shuttler. Think he could play narrower but not a pure CM role.

Think they play close to their most natural positions or roles although Sissoko could be more narrow. But neither of their natural roles are as 'wingers'. 

I don't think Mitro is that good. I think Cisse is deservedly starting at the moment

:spit: Nahhh, you can't be serious with that.

How's Pards you weirdo?

Seemed pretty happy when i seen him last weekend.

Aside from Pards, any danger of an explaination to why Mitrovic isn't good?

I don't think Mitro is that good. I think Cisse is deservedly starting at the moment

:spit: Nahhh, you can't be serious with that.

How's Pards you weirdo?

Seemed pretty happy when i seen him last weekend.

Aside from Pards, any danger of an explaination to why Mitrovic isn't good?

"That" good

I don't think Mitro has proven anything yet like.

However, I do think Cisse has proven he's exceptionally unreliable and generally a bit of an utter cunt. Assuming we're talking about a #9 #10 combo, I'd play Mitro then Perez at the #9 ahead of Cisse. And Perez/Gini/DeJong/anyfucker as the #10.

I see similar in Rondon at West Brom but at least they try to play to his strengths and have shown a lot of faith in him even if he isn't banging them in weekly. Always looking to get crosses in the box for him, or looking to play the ball into him then him bringing others into play.

Mitrovic needs to be shown faith and patience. He's not going to learn or adapt by sitting on the bench but in all fairness to Cisse, he's came in and did well so unfortunatley for Mitro he will just have to ride this spell out on the sidelines and take his opportunity when it arises. Still have no doubt he will prove an absolute class act, not only for us but the inevitable 'big club' he ends up at in his career.

You clearly don't rate him by saying 'i don't think Mitrovic is that good'. So i'm just asking for a bit of expansion on that to why you dont't think he's that good?

I don't rate him as highly as a lot of people here rate him but he's not a bad player or anything and he will probably be a good footballer in the future. I'd prefer Cisse at the moment mainly because Mitrovic rarely looks like scoring while Cisse always gets a few chances when he plays

With Triggs. Mitro looks a talent but he's not so good that it's unfathomable for Cisse to play ahead of him. Cisse looks more dangerous and is better in the box for me. His all round game was good enough on Sunday for once too.

Credit to Cisse, he's came in and put a shift in along with a good performance but no denying the dropping of Mitro was harsh. The service he had been receiving was dreadful, the lack of crosses into the box was shocking but that's down to the fact Sissoko and Wijanldum offer no natural width so if a cross is delivered, it's usually relied on Janmaat to provide it.

Mitro just has to ride this stint on the sidelines out. Keep his spirit and motivation up and take his chance when offered again. Be a travesty if we manage to fuck this up because all the talent is there with him.

I don't really see what the issue is, strikers get rotated at other clubs as well. We are talking about internationals here as well,no one should be guaranteed a game every match unless they are banging them in. A bit of healthy competition is good IMO.

A little time on the bench won't kill the lad.

I'm always wary of the "service" talk. People said the same for Cisse when truth was he just wasn't on his game. With Mitro - we could definitely throw more balls in the box but his general movement in the box could improve.

Service is pretty vital like. Cisse got a decent cross last week and buried it in style. His game is all about getting on the end of crosses whereas with Mitro you could just lump it long and he could win a few knockdowns.

Cisse's all about movement imo. He's not great in the air and he's a decent finisher but his attacking movement can be great at times. He generally has zero interest and build up play, he wants to go towards goal.

The cross was great last week but it was his movement that got the goal. He anticipates where it's going to be delivered perfectly and stole a couple yards.

I know this debate is pointless but I think his hold up play is nowhere near as bad as people generally say.

The debate is pointless but you're right his hold up play is not that bad. He's not going to hold players off like Mitro but he can usually get the ball off quite effectively when needed. I think people see what they want to see with some players.

His hold up play used to be OK, he's always been sloppy when his mind wanders but for the first year/year and a half he was fine even if it wasn't quite enough to warrant a place in the side when he wasn't scoring. For a while he's looked absolutely useless though, he no longer looks capable of creating something out of nothing either, he's effectively Darren Bent which 3 years ago I'd have barked at the comparison.

Hopefully it's all mental and he can sort it out, I do miss unplayable Cisse.