Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

At the beginning of this season when a lot of people wanted us to flog Cisse after buying Mitrovic, I said back then that I would rather he still be here as I wouldn't want to be relying on Mitro or Perez to score the goals no matter how good their play is outside the box. Well, here we are, both of them contributing to our all round play, except in the penalty area.

you had this conversation with me I believe, and yes, you were right.

It's not even that I think he's particularly good, just that goal scoring is an art and it's something that comes more naturally to some than others.That's why Allardyce had to do a 180 degree turn on his decision to drop Defoe after claiming strikers who only scored goals weren't suitable for the modern game. Well they are a lot better than strikers who don't score goals that's for sure.

:thup: :lol:

I said the same as TRon like, but Cisse has been fucking fucking shite. And other than the last 2 games Mitrovic has generally more than most to our all round play.

Even if he's absolute shite now (I'll take your word for it) I can guarantee you if we got a decent cross in he'd be far more likely to be on the end of it than any of our other 'strikers'. Riviere? Oh yeah forgot about him, I take it back.

I'd agree if he hadn't been through multiple 6 month to a year stretches of not being able to hit a barn door. If he's fit I'd probably start him, don't get me wrong, but there's just as much of a chance he'll score 0 in 9 as there is he'll score 9 in 9. He isn't a guaranteed goalscorer and Mitrovic is far better in general play.

Remember when we sold Ba and played Shola up front with Cisse on the wing [emoji38]

The moment that formation went up vs. Everton on Sky is an image that still haunts the darkest verandas of my dreams.

Cisse scored early on as well didn't he?

Remember when we sold Ba and played Shola up front with Cisse on the wing [emoji38]

The moment that formation went up vs. Everton on Sky is an image that still haunts the darkest verandas of my dreams.

That was the game after Ba left.

That was the game after Ba left.

I thought that's what he as on about.

He was grinning away when he came on. We're a goal down at home to Sunderland in a crucial relegation game and he's smiling like he's just heard a good joke.

Who cares, man? Its just the way he is

He was grinning away when he came on. We're a goal down at home to Sunderland in a crucial relegation game and he's smiling like he's just heard a good joke.

It actually makes me feel more confident, it feels like he's less likely to choke in front of goal like quite a few others are doing at the moment. We've hardly seen a decent strike in the last few games.

I'd start him (if he's fit enough) in our remaining games. He's probably still our most likely goal scorer even though he's not the player he once was. He needs someone like Mitro up with him though as he doesn't hold the ball up when he's up front on his own.

Hopefully we'll see him smile due to scoring goals.

Sat on the bench for 60 odd minutes and still can't remember to remove his ring before coming on as sub. It's petty but it shows a lack of focus tbh. I hope I'm just making a meal out of nothing and he can knock 3 or 4 goals between now and the end of the season to help keep us up.

He needs to play but only if Mitro plays alongside him or he'll just waste time getting offside all the time. Mitro can play the knockdowns and layoff for him and hopefully he puts it in. He's our 'Defoe'.