Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Guest bimpy474

I thought that only counted if we have offered a contract? :dontknow:

That's how we got Gosling on a free because Evertons contract offer was only a gentlemans agreement and nothing put in writing.

Gosling was an oversight by Everton, they didn't offer him a contract by a specific deadline (whenever that is for a contract), thats why he moved without a fee at all.

Kadar, if we dont offer him a contract and we wont get any compensation at all, as its our choice to let him go.

Guest bimpy474

Assuming we don't want him at all, can we offer him a contract of £1/wk just to ensure compensation?

No you can do it that way, theres a limit to what you can cut if you offer less wages, not sure exactly of the figures but it'll be less a percentage of what he is already on, something along those lines.

Makes sense. Don't see the harm in us offering the lowest wages allowed. He probably won't sign and I'm sure he's on peanuts at the moment (comparatively speaking). Really a mystery that he's not involved at all. Would really like to know what happened.

Assuming we don't want him at all, can we offer him a contract of £1/wk just to ensure compensation?

No you can do it that way, theres a limit to what you can cut if you offer less wages, not sure exactly of the figures but it'll be less a percentage of what he is already on, something along those lines.

Has to be offered the same basic wage or more iirc.

Guest bimpy474

Has to be offered the same basic wage or more iirc.

I'm thought they changed that ruling a couple of years back, or your right of course :D

Guest bimpy474

Makes sense. Don't see the harm in us offering the lowest wages allowed. He probably won't sign and I'm sure he's on peanuts at the moment (comparatively speaking). Really a mystery that he's not involved at all. Would really like to know what happened.

From what Douglas has said and Pardew's team selections, looks like Pardew just doesn't rate him.

Keep reading the first part of this thread title as "Watford - NUFC miles away" and think "well, yes, obviously they are."

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

Dyche told the Mirror: “When you think about Connor Wickham going for £8.1m [from Ipswich to Sunderland in the summer] and Matt Mills' transfer [from Reading] to Leicester for £5.5m, that’s the going rate for players moving in and around our division.”

What the fuck is he smoking and who does he think we are ?

Dyche told the Mirror: “When you think about Connor Wickham going for £8.1m [from Ipswich to Sunderland in the summer] and Matt Mills' transfer [from Reading] to Leicester for £5.5m, that’s the going rate for players moving in and around our division.”

A team who sold a player for £35m this time last year?

Don't think he's doing anything wrong in trying to squeeze as much out as possible for one of his best players. :dontknow:

A team who sold a player for £35m this time last year?

Don't think he's doing anything wrong in trying to squeeze as much out as possible for one of his best players. :dontknow:

I don't blame Watford either. It's a tough division anyway and only harder when big clubs can unsettle your players with bids that get made public. If they are to lose a player to a team that believes he can play in a higher division then naturally they will want an offer that makes it worth them selling him.

comparing apples to oranges though in my opinion and fair enough hes protecting his player but really could have done so in a better fashion

Why? What would be a better fashion?

Surely the way he has delivered the message is on purpose to keep us away or only come back with a big money offer.

comparing apples to oranges though in my opinion and fair enough hes protecting his player but really could have done so in a better fashion

Surely the way he has delivered the message is on purpose to keep us away or only come back with a big money offer.

Explain the situation to the player, negotiate with him a fair release price, waive loyalty fees etc, keep it in house and all on verbal terms, if its NUFC who made the leak to the press, deny it till you die.

Explain the situation to the player, negotiate with him a fair release price, waive loyalty fees etc, keep it in house and all on verbal terms, if its NUFC who made the leak to the press, deny it till you die.

Fuck that, spark a bidding war. I see little wrong with what we've done - it's not particularly tactful, but we are a small club who need every penny we can get for our players - if you look at our net spend and accounts over the  past few years, you'll see that we pretty much rely on selling players on, to scrimp on that for the sake of saving face/whatever is ridiculous. It's hardly pathetic either - it's a reasonable thing to do in this kind of situation - especially when there are other clubs (Swansea) who have registered strong interest in the player in the recent past, why wouldn't we want competing bids?

Think all of that's very fair, to be honest.

What do you make of Dyche down there generally GG? I thought he'd struggle based on what I knew of his character, think he's the most alpha male I've ever seen in my life.