Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

"If people want to show serious interest in our players,that means the kind of offer this club couldn't refuse" #wfc owner on Mariappa #nufc

26 seconds ago

We should bid £15m, plus extras ASAP.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/24/newcastle-united-were-miles-away-with-mariappa-bid-dyche-72703-30192790/

WATFORD boss Sean Dyche tonight told Newcastle United they were "miles away" with their bid for defender Adrian Mariappa.

The Hornets have refused to give United a valuation on the 25-year-old centre-back and have dug their heels in after Newcastle's initial bid was turned down by the Hertfordshire outfit.

Dyche said today: "It was a very simple chain of events; a bid was made and we need to make it clear that it was nowhere near what we consider to be his valuation.

"We have a club policy where we don't give valuations because you get into weird territory.

"But it was nowhere near what we think he is worth.

"If those figures reach what this club think is appropriate,through the owner, the board, myself and Ross Wilson (head of football business), then we will talk about it but they a miles away at this moment in time."

Well that's that one done so. Heard figures of between 700k and 2.5m.

Much higher and I'd say that we feel that we could get better value abroad

If we go to £2m+ I'd be devastated at the waste of money that could have gone to bring in a quality player.

Half a Cabaye :jones:

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

"If people want to show serious interest in our players,that means the kind of offer this club couldn't refuse" #wfc owner on Mariappa #nufc

26 seconds ago

We should bid £15m, plus extras ASAP.

Surely Mike or Derek have a spare horse head lying around somewhere.

Sounds like they want to sell.

Aye.

Newcastle made a written offer of £100,000 for Robbie [Elliot] on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer. The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-slammed-by-Watford-boss-Sean-Dyche-over-penny-pinching-pursuit-of-Adrian-Mariappa-article857145.html

Dyche said: “Unfortunately, as is often the case these days, their offer is nowhere near our valuation. That’s the awkward side of the game now, and they do it for their own reasons.

I couldn’t begin to tell you how far away it was - my son’s got more in his money box.

“If clubs at our level are helping to develop players, I think it’s fair to say that big clubs with money should respect that and go about it in an appropriate manner.

“Rather than tickling us with offers which are nowhere near the player’s worth, to try to provoke a reaction from us, we do not need to accept the first bid that comes along.

“When you think about Conor Wickham being sold for £7.5m, and Matt Mills going to Leicester for £5.5m, that’s the going rate for players moving in and around our division, and we have to pitch in accordingly.”

:lol:

They're talking about taking players on loan as part of the deal on their forum. Some of them mention it but I can't see our misfits going there or even being wanted (Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger) and in terms of younger players most of them are so close to the squad that I'm not sure they can be spared. Only players I reckon are suitable candidates are Ferguson and Tavernier.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-slammed-by-Watford-boss-Sean-Dyche-over-penny-pinching-pursuit-of-Adrian-Mariappa-article857145.html

Dyche said: “Unfortunately, as is often the case these days, their offer is nowhere near our valuation. That’s the awkward side of the game now, and they do it for their own reasons.

I couldn’t begin to tell you how far away it was - my son’s got more in his money box.

“If clubs at our level are helping to develop players, I think it’s fair to say that big clubs with money should respect that and go about it in an appropriate manner.

“Rather than tickling us with offers which are nowhere near the player’s worth, to try to provoke a reaction from us, we do not need to accept the first bid that comes along.

“When you think about Conor Wickham being sold for £7.5m, and Matt Mills going to Leicester for £5.5m, that’s the going rate for players moving in and around our division, and we have to pitch in accordingly.”

:lol:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmicypPxeL1qhaufl.gif

They're talking about taking players on loan as part of the deal on their forum. Some of them mention it but I can't see our misfits going there or even being wanted (Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger) and in terms of younger players most of them are so close to the squad that I'm not sure they can be spared. Only players I reckon are suitable candidates are Ferguson and Tavernier.

Vuckic perhaps?