Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Would take Kadar and Ferguson on loan for the season + £2M. I reckon we're holding it for closer to £3M, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mariappa and Sordell leave for £6M or so combined. Our recent boards have just wanted to rake in the income, reinvest small amounts, then claim to be doing something. It's embarrassing really, worse than Ashley, but on a smaller scale. It's a wonder we've managed to stay at Championship level despite having such a small budget for so long, following serious financial mismanagement after promotion (i.e money disappearing for no real reason).

Kadar going out on loan would be ideal actually.

Gives Tamas some much needed first team football and ultimately he could come back a better player (defensive cover sorted! [wishful thinking]).

Gives Tamas some much needed first team football and ultimately he could come back a better player (defensive cover sorted! [wishful thinking]).

If Kadar goes on loan, he will probably just sign with that club on a free transfer if he is decent.

Would take Kadar and Ferguson on loan for the season + £2M. I reckon we're holding it for closer to £3M, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mariappa and Sordell leave for £6M or so combined. Our recent boards have just wanted to rake in the income, reinvest small amounts, then claim to be doing something. It's embarrassing really, worse than Ashley, but on a smaller scale. It's a wonder we've managed to stay at Championship level despite having such a small budget for so long, following serious financial mismanagement after promotion (i.e money disappearing for no real reason).

you really want kadar? lol

if you have him on loan you'll get to keep him, his contract runs out in the summer and there are no sign of us entertaining the idea of giving him a new one.

if you have him on loan you'll get to keep him, his contract runs out in the summer and there are no sign of us entertaining the idea of giving him a new one.

Well, we'd need a centre-back to replace Mariappa immediately and our current pairing otherwise is Nosworthy and Taylor with Mirfin for support - hardly ideal, albeit not unreasonable for a side not wanting to aim higher than 21st in the Championship. I'd love to take Ferguson for a while, though, give us some good wide options to replace Kightly (who was fantastic). We're not going to have any money to spend, so if you're serious and were offering players on loan, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't explore these avenues.

If Kadar goes on loan, he will probably just sign with that club on a free transfer if he is decent.

True.

But I would still like to think that Kadar has some sort of future here.

Well, we'd need a centre-back to replace Mariappa immediately and our current pairing otherwise is Nosworthy and Taylor with Mirfin for support - hardly ideal, albeit not unreasonable for a side not wanting to aim higher than 21st in the Championship. I'd love to take Ferguson for a while, though, give us some good wide options to replace Kightly (who was fantastic). We're not going to have any money to spend, so if you're serious and were offering players on loan, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't explore these avenues.

fair enough, kadar looked promising a year or two ago but has gone off the boil , maybe a new place is just what he needs to get his career back on track. 

I think as far as NUFC are concerned, Kadar is a dead weight with his contract out at the end of the season. Loaning him out now would be similar to what happened with Kazenga.

We (amazingly) managed to get some small fee for Lua Lua though didnt we?

They are just pubicly trying to get us to up our bid, comments like that shouldn't be taken literally :lol:

"Ok lads, £4.50 and an action man sticker, final offer!" :D

As Dave pointed out the other day, It's similar to when Charlton wanted around £1m for Elliot and we went in with £100k. They sound like they want to sell, they just aren't going to accept whatever money we first bid to test the water.

Their manager sounds desperate to sell like, keeps harping on about the low offer rather than the fact he doesn't want to lose a player.

It's just a case of brinkmaship, the nearer it gets to the deadline the better our offer will look. They might get us to up it a bit but with this lot in charge it's not going to be much.

Guest michaelfoster

We won't get anything for Kadar unless we offer him a contract will we? Still feel It's a shame if we let him go. Strange situation.

we would get a nominal fee for him due to his age iirc, he's been here since 17 i think.