Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Still a smokescreen for the Samba deal.

I wish this was the case.

There must be something we're all missing about Samba. He's a fucking class defender, approaching his peak at 27 years old and wants to leave Blackburn who are shite. Why the hell haven't Arsenal taken him yet?!

Wish we'd just bite the bullet and sign him.

Still a smokescreen for the Samba deal.

I wish this was the case.

There must be something we're all missing about Samba. He's a fucking class defender, approaching his peak at 27 years old and wants to leave Blackburn who are shite. Why the hell haven't Arsenal taken him yet?!

Wish we'd just bite the bullet and sign him.

Colo & Samba...  :smitten:

It would be awesome.

We should bite the bullet and sign Samba, it makes perfect sense, I get that the club will just want a cheapy until Taylor is back but surely he could just slot in at RB.

Not really imo. It didn't go so well the last time he played at RB like.

Guest Roger Kint

We should bite the bullet and sign Samba, it makes perfect sense, I get that the club will just want a cheapy until Taylor is back but surely he could just slot in at RB.

Saylor at RB? Fuck no!

Ashley wont pay for Samba at the best of times, when he is acting like a tosser even less so.

they just tunred down our final offer hahaha the observer is reporting

looks like he might end up at swansea. 

Watford have turned down a third bid from Newcastle United for Adrian Mariappa, according to the Watford Observer.

The Magpies made a second offer yesterday evening which was turned down and have seen another offer rejected this afternoon.

Newcastle were expected to make another offer today which would be their last before switching targets.

However, Swansea City and Bolton Wanderers are also believed to be interested in securing the 25 year-old's services.

Saylor at RB? f*** no!

Ashley wont pay for Samba at the best of times, when he is acting like a tosser even less so.

exactly, we got three senior centre backs already.  signing samba would mean having atleast two sat on the bench twiddling their thumbs in the future ,  not an easy job to keep them all happy,

i think the club's strategy of getting a young and ready defender like mariappa to challenge the first team makes perfect sense. 

Saylor at RB? f*** no!

exactly, we got three senior centre backs already.  signing samba would mean having atleast two sat on the bench twiddling their thumbs in the future ,  not an easy job to keep them all happy,

i think the club's strategy of getting a young and ready defender like mariappa to challenge the first team makes perfect sense. 

Not that getting in a young defender is a bad idea, but if you have pretensions to being regulars in Europe then you need more than three senior centre-backs. Look at what happened to you guys last month. Man U and Arsenal have been decimated at the back (Carrick CB anyone?), and it's only because we've had King, Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson and Bassong that we've been OK.

Besides, Mariappa is 25, and would be fighting for a first XI place immediately.

Saylor at RB? f*** no!

Not that getting in a young defender is a bad idea, but if you have pretensions to being regulars in Europe then you need more than three senior centre-backs. Look at what happened to you guys last month. Man U and Arsenal have been decimated at the back (Carrick CB anyone?), and it's only because we've had King, Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson and Bassong that we've been OK.

Besides, Mariappa is 25, and would be fighting for a first XI place immediately.

i take your point, but we are not the same pay structure as your club, we won't/can't afford to be paying wages for King, Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson and Bassong all at the same time.  hence mariappa and not samba.

Saylor at RB? f*** no!

i take your point, but we are not the same pay structure as your club, we won't/can't afford to be paying wages for King, Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson and Bassong all at the same time.  hence mariappa and not samba.

Very fair point.

Your income won't be THAT far off ours this year though, will it?

Christ, it's depressing trying to compete with Citeh/Chelsea etc etc.

Whats this samba chatter? We are not signing him.

i know but there seem to be some fantasist on here that think it can be a reality.

never going to happen.

For the price he would demand i think we could do better.

Saylor at RB? f*** no!

Very fair point.

Your income won't be THAT far off ours this year though, will it?

Christ, it's depressing trying to compete with Citeh/Chelsea etc etc.

we are not on the same level of pay structure unfortunately,  until we get anywhere near entering the champions league competitions, we havent even been in the europa league for a while,  until then we probably wont expand the wage structure anytime soon.