Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Can't remember seeing him play, but his height slightly worries me. 1.78 m according to Watford's official site. I guess we need some pace, but still...

Interesting, can't recall his height being brought up in the past.

Can't remember seeing him play, but his height slightly worries me. 1.78 m according to Watford's official site. I guess we need some pace, but still...

Interesting, can't recall his height being brought up in the past.

That's ok. I'm sure it has.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/27/2868581/swansea-to-make-35m-bid-for-watford-defender-and-newcastle

27 Jan 2012 09:05:00

Swansea to make £3.5m bid for Watford defender and Newcastle target Adrian Mariappa before end of the weekend

EXCLUSIVE

By Greg Stobart

Swansea City are set to challenge Newcastle in the battle to sign Watford defender Adrian Mariappa with a bid worth £3.5 million before the end of the weekend.

Brendan Rodgers, the Swansea manager, wants the 25-year-old to bolster his defence after accepting he will not be able to turn Steven Caulker's loan move from Tottenham into a permanent deal.

There are also concerns at the Liberty Stadium that Spurs could recall the central defender to the club before the end of the month, with the likes of William Gallas currently sidelined through injury at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham have already ordered Swansea to leave Caulker out of their squad to feature in this weekend’s FA Cup clash against Bolton to avoid him becoming cup-tied.

Mariappa, however, will line up for Watford - against Tottenham - on Friday night in the FA Cup fourth round, but that could be his last fixture for the Hornets.

The centre-back was the subject of a failed bid from Newcastle earlier this week worth an initial £750,000 rising to £3m. Watford are understood to want £4m for Mariappa but could be tempted to cash in on a straight cash bid of £3.5m from Swansea.

“A bid from Swansea is imminent, they have been showing a strong interest and we could have a bidding war on our hands,” a source told Goal.com.

“Mariappa has made it known that he would like to move to a Premier League club but he’s not the kind of player who would kick up a fuss.”

http://i.imgur.com/cVkvS.jpg

Was class in the premiership.

Still a smokescreen for the Samba deal.

I wish this was the case.

There must be something we're all missing about Samba. He's a fucking class defender, approaching his peak at 27 years old and wants to leave Blackburn who are shite. Why the hell haven't Arsenal taken him yet?!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/27/2868581/swansea-to-make-35m-bid-for-watford-defender-and-newcastle

27 Jan 2012 09:05:00

Swansea to make £3.5m bid for Watford defender and Newcastle target Adrian Mariappa before end of the weekend

EXCLUSIVE

By Greg Stobart

Swansea City are set to challenge Newcastle in the battle to sign Watford defender Adrian Mariappa with a bid worth £3.5 million before the end of the weekend.

Brendan Rodgers, the Swansea manager, wants the 25-year-old to bolster his defence after accepting he will not be able to turn Steven Caulker's loan move from Tottenham into a permanent deal.

There are also concerns at the Liberty Stadium that Spurs could recall the central defender to the club before the end of the month, with the likes of William Gallas currently sidelined through injury at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham have already ordered Swansea to leave Caulker out of their squad to feature in this weekend’s FA Cup clash against Bolton to avoid him becoming cup-tied.

Mariappa, however, will line up for Watford - against Tottenham - on Friday night in the FA Cup fourth round, but that could be his last fixture for the Hornets.

The centre-back was the subject of a failed bid from Newcastle earlier this week worth an initial £750,000 rising to £3m. Watford are understood to want £4m for Mariappa but could be tempted to cash in on a straight cash bid of £3.5m from Swansea.

“A bid from Swansea is imminent, they have been showing a strong interest and we could have a bidding war on our hands,” a source told Goal.com.

“Mariappa has made it known that he would like to move to a Premier League club but he’s not the kind of player who would kick up a fuss.”

"A bid... is... imminent". :lol:

Reiterates why our stance on keeping business (as far as we can; can't do much about the other club mouthing off) out of the media is bang on.

There must be something we're all missing about Samba. He's a f***ing class defender, approaching his peak at 27 years old and wants to leave Blackburn who are s****. Why the hell haven't Arsenal taken him yet?!

Arsenal dont need CB's they need fullbacks the fact Vermealen and Djourou have playing at fullback in recent weeks tells its own story.

There must be something we're all missing about Samba. He's a f***ing class defender, approaching his peak at 27 years old and wants to leave Blackburn who are s****. Why the hell haven't Arsenal taken him yet?!

Wenger he crazy.

Wenger will probably argue that because he signed Mertesacker, he doesn't need another CB......