sunderland

JH

Got to love Sir Alex, basically passing Sunderland off as a feeder club in his interview. :yao: Said something along the lines of "all the players we've given them down the years...in fact I think we gave them most of their team that got promoted". :lol:

Surely more of a retirement/graveyard club than feeder...there's more careers died there than grown.

I know this shows more about our pundits' ignorance than anything but I loved how yesterday after they showed the ManU-Sunderland highlights, the presenter asked them: "So, what do we have to say about Sunderland?" and all he got was a bunch of blank stares, one of them admitting that he didn't know f*** all about them and the presenter then quickly moved on the next match.

Got to love Sir Alex, basically passing Sunderland off as a feeder club in his interview. :yao: Said something along the lines of "all the players we've given them down the years...in fact I think we gave them most of their team that got promoted". :lol:

Surely more of a retirement/graveyard club than feeder...there's more careers died there than grown.

Sunderland are listed in Man Utd's accounts under the pension fund section.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=749043

???  seriously is this a regular feature at any other club?

Honestly never heard of it. I mean, there are little local things (you guys tend to have a soft spot for Gateshead, a few older Spurs fans have an affinity to Leyton Orient, Arsenal fans used to go to Barnet), but really, the only one I can think of is that old Chelsea/Rangers "Blues Brothers" thing. It does seem symptomatic of an identity crisis, or lack of self-esteem.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

For some reason I never understood we have allegiances with Bremen and Celtic. Well, the Celtic one I get because of the independence thing. And to be honest there's always been a great rap between us and them when they have come to Barcelona.

Yeah, I have come to notice in the past that some Celtic fans love to think they're "Brothers in arms" with Barca fans hahaha. I don't really know much about the relationship, if there's even a real one, between Celtic and Barca tbh.

For some reason I never understood we have allegiances with Bremen and Celtic. Well, the Celtic one I get because of the independence thing. And to be honest there's always been a great rap between us and them when they have come to Barcelona.

Yeah, I have come to notice in the past that some Celtic fans love to think they're "Brothers in arms" with Barca fans hahaha. I don't really know much about the relationship, if there's even a real one, between Celtic and Barca tbh.

I thought it was just delusional crap at first, but here's a quote from Xavi...

"Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries."