sunderland

JH

Not sure whos stupider, the scum for bidding or Bolton for actually saying no

Bolton imo, £1M is very good money for a player who is 34 and getting progressively worse, then again why the hell would someone want buy him? Just ridiculous :lol:

Not sure whos stupider, the scum for bidding or Bolton for actually saying no

Bolton imo, £1M is very good money for a player who is 34 and getting progressively worse, then again why the hell would someone want buy him? Just ridiculous :lol:

They offered £1M? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They offered 250K from what I heard. If Sunderland really want him, then they'll come back with another bid.

Martin O'Neil always wanting to have ambition, :yao: Make a bid for Kevin Davies.   

Guest neesy111

Maybe it indicates that they have no money to spend after Bruce's splurge.

I've been thinking that for the last week.  Everyone assumed O'Neill would have plenty of $$$ to spend.

I've been thinking that for the last week.  Everyone assumed O'Neill would have plenty of $$$ to spend.

Nile Quinn blew it on managers contracts and subsequent pay offs. Not to mention said managers' insane spending on overpriced has-beens.

Maybe doing it the right way for them. Season is basically a write off, all he needs to do is stay in the division, blood his youngsters, find out who he wants to keep and wait till the summer when there are better options available, and £40m from tv rights.

Will be a decent summer for them I reckon, lots of positive activity.

Maybe doing it the right way for them. Season is basically a write off, all he needs to do is stay in the division, blood his youngsters, find out who he wants to keep and wait till the summer when there are better options available, and £40m from tv rights.

Will be a decent summer for them I reckon, lots of positive activity.

No way. O'Niell's been around long enough for most of us to know where his strengths and weaknesses lie.

Good motivator, good media bullshiter, poor coach, tactically inept and very poor in the transfer market.

Go on Martin, increase your bid for Davies please O0

Realistically, it's the only way we're going to get our debt down by getting rid of the big earners.

Allardyce's 'quick fixes' and short-termism are part of the reason we're in this debt mess. Megson, for all his failings, at least signed some young players with potential sell-on value. Coyle is doing that more emphatically. It's very risky, especially as we're embroiled in a relegation battle, but it's the only way out really.

So all of his managerial achievements have come about because of his media personality? Areet :lol:

You've completely twisted what was said and for some strange reason conveniently omitted that I said "motivation" first,which is probably his greatest strength.

Apart from that you should try and explain his "achievements" - I guess you mean Celtic.  Areet, but I don't really count winning anything with Rangers or Celtic as "achievment" - probably because you or I could manage them to trophies.

You may also wish to expand why you disagree with my verdict on his coaching ability,tactical nous or transfer record ?

Guest Chubby Jason

He's a good manager, his record as far as league finishes goes proves that. Give him a long term project like Sunderland and he will succeed. I still hold hope he will quit for the England job in the summer if 'Arry goes to jail.

I agree he will "succeed", but I don't think he'll turn them into anything better than a borderline top half team, who frequently miss out on European competition.

thats the ceiling for that club, you would need man city sized investment to break it.