sunderland

JH

Somebody just retweeted this on my feed...

Masterplan @Masterplan_safc

Love it when the mags get beat me like, feels better than a Sunderland win!!! #safc #nufc

Ah Wireside's at it again.

Guest Stephen927

Really not the right move for either party. Davies should stay put as he's not going to achieve anything with Sunderland that he wouldn't with Bolton, and Sunderland need a genuine goal threat.

Still, step up from their other target, Emile Heskey.

That James McClean bloke... why is it pronounced Clain and not Clean like it is written???? Are English commentators saying clain because the Irish can't pronounce their e's?

Thought the mackems were lucky today, that Wankievic should definitely have made it 2-0, dear me, what a miss.

And then a defence fuck up gets the scum an equaliser.

Hopefully a potential tie against Arsenal gets boro up for the replay.

Thought the mackems were lucky today, that Wankievic should definitely have made it 2-0, dear me, what a miss.

And then a defence fuck up gets the scum an equaliser.

Hopefully a potential tie against Arsenal gets boro up for the replay.

They've been like that in pretty much every game so far under O'Neill. Organised, methodical, back-to-basics football. A combination of being better defensively, taking chances on the transitions and an element of luck has turned their results around.

It's irritating but if the peak of their amibition signing wise is Kevin Davies then hopefully they'll hit a ceiling pretty soon.

Once again looked average to poor yesterday but as previously stated I've seen very little during the recent hype to suggest they're playing any better than they did under Bruce. Better results and the expected post managerial change flurry, but thats about it.

Man for man they looked better than Boro, as you'd expect from a PL team at home, but Boro probably had the best openings and chances but fluffed them badly.

I thought Sunderland again looked dirty - even without Cattermole - and got away with a lot of very iffy challenges. The McLean head butt on Rhys Williams was quickly brushed away - very surprising in today's game - whether intentional or not if it hadn't have been one of saint marty's boys I'm sure we would have seen it from 20 different angles until they made a case for debate. The Brown challenge which led to his own injury was as bad as it was comical and would have probably been a free kick if the challenge was made in the centre circle - Boro may feel aggrieved not to have got a penalty. Cheating seems to come quite naturally to their players judging by how many were in the referee and linesman's faces following the disallowed goal  - Gardner having "caught" the ball before screaming his innocence at the ref. Blatant intentional hand ball followed by mass lying and protesting that Fergie would have been proud of. Gardner also telling the ref to send a Boro player off after a tackle in the midfield.

Seems like the saint marty hype perpetuated by the fawning media is permeating into referee's decision making.