sunderland

JH

Guest NobbyOhNobby

They were by far the better side in the second half even with ten men. I think they'll beat Southampton, I hope they don't but Southampton have nothing to play for

Guest icemanblue

They were by far the better side in the second half even with ten men. I think they'll beat Southampton, I hope they don't but Southampton have nothing to play for

Except their own safety? Inconsequential, I guess, but, it's still something.

They had motivation, but they still very much lacked quality IMO. It gives them a better chance obviously, but can't see them doing anything but struggling.

Guest Spark

Southampton are only a point above us! They're still fighting for their life.

Aye. I think some people need to have a closer look at the table tbh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lots of teams are in it but your brown trousers are a lot more sensitive when you get beat 0-6 at home. That said the last two away results have been decent.

Sunderland missing Sess and Gardener for the run in, what does the latter actually do?

Guest icemanblue

Lots of teams are in it but your brown trousers are a lot more sensitive when you get beat 0-6 at home. That said the last two away results have been decent.

Sunderland missing Sess and Gardener for the run in, what does the latter actually do?

He can shoot, sometimes. Other than that? I'm not sure.

can kick a ball really, really hard and is a professional Metro hardman.

Guest Haris Vuckic

That's what I was thinking. The other fella will be a miss but Gardener is totally gash.

Can fill in at full back, which may be vital when they play Spurs last game of the season without Rose

My point was that if we beat QPR, it should be enough due to the sheer number of teams down there, but if Sunderland were a point below, id have been a lot more comfortable as we could have been mathematically safe next weekend. Our only chance of wrapping it up this weekend is if we win and Wigan lose both games.

My point was that if we beat QPR, it should be enough due to the sheer number of teams down there, but if Sunderland were a point below, id have been a lot more comfortable as we could have been mathematically safe next weekend. Our only chance of wrapping it up this weekend is if we win and Wigan lose both games.

We're safe with a game to spare it we beat QPR, Wigan beat Swansea but lose to Arsenal and Villa lose to Chelsea.

the worry to that though is if Chelsea turn Spurs over tomorrow night they are guaranteed a CL spot and could rest even more than normal when they go to Villa as they have the Europa league final next week.

Villa could end up playing Chelsea's reserves.

We're safe with a game to spare it we beat QPR, Wigan beat Swansea but lose to Arsenal and Villa lose to Chelsea.

Ok but you still get the point here, we are relying on ourselves and 2 other results either way, where as we could have had it wrapped up with just us and 1 other if it were'nt for last night. May sound like nitpicking individual results but its so close down there, we need every little advantage and inch towards safety we can get!

They will spank Southampton and go safe. Think they will be fine.

No chance. They might win but they won't be spanking anyone.

Agreed. There's no way they're a better side than Saints. Not only that but they've lost pretty much 100% of their goal threat.....only hope is either Johnson or a set piece.

Rose is out of the Spurs game as well, their best player by quite a long way. They must be shitting themselves at least as much as we are.

They could concievably lose the next two games and stay up due to our ridiculous -9 deficit over those 2 games. Honestly man, this is gutting.

Guest Nixon

Rose is out of the Spurs game as well, their best player by quite a long way. They must be shitting themselves at least as much as we are.

You wouldn't think so. The atmosphere last night was quite a positive one. They vented towards McClean for his usual stupid decisions, but with Di Canio around they always find something to cheer about and get behind. It's the kind of atmosphere ultimately needed at SJP in a weeks time. For all Stoke City were turgid last night, the fans played a large part in carrying them into getting that draw and giving the players just a shot of adrenaline when needed.

I'm aware of the cliché '12th man' idea, but we've seen enough players reference the influence of a crowd. They're all pulling together on this one and it's going to be a test for Southampton on Sunday.

You wouldn't think so. The atmosphere last night was quite a positive one. They vented towards McClean for his usual stupid decisions, but with Di Canio around they always find something to cheer about and get behind. It's the kind of atmosphere ultimately needed at SJP in a weeks time. For all Stoke City were turgid last night, the fans played a large part in carrying them into getting that draw and giving the players just a shot of adrenaline when needed.

I'm aware of the cliché '12th man' idea, but we've seen enough players reference the influence of a crowd. They're all pulling together on this one and it's going to be a test for Southampton on Sunday.

Agree with your point on the crowd/general Mackem vibe at the minute Nixon.

They're still surfing the Di Canio Wave at the minute. Next season will be different though.

And I still think Southampton will have too much for them.