sunderland

JH

Rose is out of the Spurs game as well, their best player by quite a long way. They must be shitting themselves at least as much as we are.

They could concievably lose the next two games and stay up due to our ridiculous -9 deficit over those 2 games. Honestly man, this is gutting.

hopefully then Norwich lose their 2 games but by more goals

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Fairplay to them for rescuing a point yesterday but they were lucky Stoke didn't have any pacy players to hit them on the counter when they were pushing for an equalizer. Can't see them getting anything at Spurs although they could get something against Southampton if they work on their set pieces .

Guest ElCid

They will spank Southampton and go safe. Think they will be fine.

Disagree Stoke give them the result yesterday and I think Southampton will get at least a draw on Saturday as they won't play into the mackems hands  by just hoofing the ball forward like Stoke did. IMHO Sunderland are the worst team in the league and thanks to a gutless display by our Manager and players they should already be down now. Problem is that we need to get a result against QPR and with this manager I'm not confident of that at all. It pisses me off that the players we have at our disposal may go down and it's one of the most shocking displays of management I have or ever will see - yet some still think he should be in the job absolutely incredible!

Rose is out of the Spurs game as well, their best player by quite a long way. They must be shitting themselves at least as much as we are.

They could concievably lose the next two games and stay up due to our ridiculous -9 deficit over those 2 games. Honestly man, this is gutting.

Norwich could easily achieve this.

with man city away as the final game for them it is very possible

with man city away as the final game for them it is very possible

Remember that season they were favourites to stay up on the last day and got done 6-1 or something at Fulham. Howay.

Guest Nixon

You wouldn't think so. The atmosphere last night was quite a positive one. They vented towards McClean for his usual stupid decisions, but with Di Canio around they always find something to cheer about and get behind. It's the kind of atmosphere ultimately needed at SJP in a weeks time. For all Stoke City were turgid last night, the fans played a large part in carrying them into getting that draw and giving the players just a shot of adrenaline when needed.

I'm aware of the cliché '12th man' idea, but we've seen enough players reference the influence of a crowd. They're all pulling together on this one and it's going to be a test for Southampton on Sunday.

Agree with your point on the crowd/general Mackem vibe at the minute Nixon.

They're still surfing the Di Canio Wave at the minute. Next season will be different though.

And I still think Southampton will have too much for them.

I said to a friend last night, their squad seems very mentally fragile. The ability to raise and lower their confidence so swiftly points to a genuine issue of self belief amongst a lot of them. He's being smart though, no one is criticised. I still think the issues come when he has to buy players and make transfers. His star player at Swindon, Matt Ritchie,  was signed by Danny Wilson. He also ran them close to debt with signing a lot of loan players and random freebies.

I think players like Gardner and McClean are on borrowed time. They already despise McClean by majority and I don't blame them. He's turgid and just has no football brain whatsoever. Defenders are fully expectant of his direct style and thus standoff him. Gardner is a bit more of a special case in every sense.

Daft as a brush, he does a lot of the talking in the press and is seen as a link between pitch and terrace. For all they tried to blame the referee last night, by half time the place was in agreement that he was solely to blame for it. 

As for the weekend, difficult to tell. Southampton are just as high intensity but they've lost that bit of quality in Ramirez. At least they have Llallana. If they were to lose Rose early they'd definitely be screwed, head and shoulders the best player all season.

Guest neesy111

BJhlpsfCQAIgrx9.jpg:large

II didn't realise they actually had a street party when they beat us! pic.twitter.com/cji4LphI6N

Hide photo  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

If this is true then dear god.

99p drinks! Pewa bargen that marra.

That Brogans is shutting down.  Not surprised.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/66491/privilege-and-brogans-nightclubs-close-sunderland-students-devastated

:lol: one of my mackem mates who is a ST goes to that Privilege before games.

He says the strippers there regularly just finger themselves on stage and when their game against Reading got called off at the beginning of the season, they did an all-day thing to keep punters in.  He said one of the lasses took a bottle of Kopparberg from one of the punters, stuck it up herself and made him drink it.  Absolutely shameless.

I'm not making this up.  He couldn't quite believe it himself.

:lol:

I actually worked in there one night (not dancing or fingering myself before some smart arse gets in) :anguish: s*** sound system.  Had to pull a few bits of A4 paper down off the wall behind me which had red and white stripes and 'FTM' printed on, not proper posters or out, just literally printed in off in someones bedroom or something :lol:

And I find this out now when it's closed. Fuck me, some days your luck is just out.

The one time you could have seen a lass get all 6 fingers up herself :(

Well played, sir.

Guest Slippery Sam

:lol: one of my mackem mates who is a ST goes to that Privilege before games.

He says the strippers there regularly just finger themselves on stage and when their game against Reading got called off at the beginning of the season, they did an all-day thing to keep punters in.  He said one of the lasses took a bottle of Kopparberg from one of the punters, stuck it up herself and made him drink it.  Absolutely shameless.

I'm not making this up.  He couldn't quite believe it himself.

Your mate's a ST? Sunlun Tramp ??

So that place was fingered by the polis in the end, eh?