Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll have a test day for Wigan to see how well/disastrous it goes.

:lol:

An away european game would be something special though

Yes, I can see how a miserable saturday afternoon in the arse end of Greater Manchester would be the perfect trial run for a balmy late summers evening in St.Etienne (or some other similar continetal locale).

:p

Yes, I can see how a miserable saturday afternoon in the arse end of Greater Manchester would be the perfect trial run for a balmy late summers evening in St.Etienne (or some other similar continetal locale).

tbh we're more likely to end up in Donetsk, Tel Aviv or Makhachkala. A trip to Wigan sounds about right.

I've already told my dad we're going to away games in Europe next year so start saving up. Doubt any tickets will go to members sale but fuck it we'll just go a piss around wherever the match is and watch it in a bar with 1000's of other geordies.

tbh we're more likely to end up in Donetsk, Tel Aviv or Makhachkala. A trip to Wigan sounds about right.

I'd quite fancy some of Europes outposts. Places i'd never go to unless the toon played there.

I'd quite fancy some of Europes outposts. Places i'd never go to unless the toon played there.

Aye, definitely, especially in the earlier rounds.

Tel Aviv's awesome.

Probably been answered already but what happens if Chelsea win the FA cup and CL? The fa cup winner gets Europa league place and if they have already qualified then the runner up gets it who would be Liverpool who also already have it due to winning the League cup. But if Chelsea win both then they're in the CL on account of winning the CL and that means no one involved in the FA cup final gets a European spot 'cos they both already have one :/

Probably been answered already but what happens if Chelsea win the FA cup and CL? The fa cup winner gets Europa league place and if they have already qualified then the runner up gets it who would be Liverpool who also already have it due to winning the League cup. But if Chelsea win both then they're in the CL on account of winning the CL and that means no one involved in the FA cup final gets a European spot 'cos they both already have one :/

Fourth gets the FA Cup spot, I think.

It will drop down to the league, so 5th place will get it (assuming Chelsea finish in the top 4). If Chelsea finish outside of the top 4 but win the CL then England will get another EL place which will drop down to the league. Currently it would be given to Everton who are in 7th place, however if Liverpool finish 7th then it will drop down to 8th place because Liverpool are already in the EL because of their League Cup win.

Wouldn't the FA Cup spot and the last Champions League place essentially just swap? Say Spurs were 4th, but Chelsea win Champions League and FA cup, the FA Cup spot would go to 4th, 5th get the normal EL spot and 6th (Chelsea) would get the Champions League spot?

Heard on the radio news that easyjet are doing Newcastle to Amsterdam flights from this winter. Maybe we'll be needing them for the Europa final next year.

Or maybe for our first round qualifier where Roda JC put us to the sword!