Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Assuming it's the same as this season (which I believe it is)

• Champions Route: The first qualifying round comprises two two-legged ties involving the champions of the countries ranked 50 to 53 in UEFA competition. The winners of those ties progress to the second qualifying round where they are joined by the champions of the 32 countries ranked 17 to 49 (except Liechtenstein). The victorious sides from those 17 ties join the champions from the associations ranked 14 to 16 in the third qualifying round, with the winners of those ten pairings reaching the play-off round. These five play-off ties will take place on a home-and-away basis with the winners qualifying for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

• League Route: The third-placed side from the sixth-ranked member association, plus the runners-up from the associations ranked 7 to 15, start the competition in the third qualifying round. The winners of these five ties progress to the play-off round, where they are joined by the fourth-placed sides from the associations ranked 1 to 3 and the third-placed teams from the associations ranked 4 and 5. The victorious teams from the five play-off ties qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

• Teams from the Champions Route and the League Route cannot meet in UEFA Champions League qualifying.

• The losing team from each of the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round ties will go into the UEFA Europa League play-offs.

• The losing team from each of the UEFA Champions League play-off ties will go into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

Assuming it's the same as this season (which I believe it is)

• Champions Route: The first qualifying round comprises two two-legged ties involving the champions of the countries ranked 50 to 53 in UEFA competition. The winners of those ties progress to the second qualifying round where they are joined by the champions of the 32 countries ranked 17 to 49 (except Liechtenstein). The victorious sides from those 17 ties join the champions from the associations ranked 14 to 16 in the third qualifying round, with the winners of those ten pairings reaching the play-off round. These five play-off ties will take place on a home-and-away basis with the winners qualifying for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

• League Route: The third-placed side from the sixth-ranked member association, plus the runners-up from the associations ranked 7 to 15, start the competition in the third qualifying round. The winners of these five ties progress to the play-off round, where they are joined by the fourth-placed sides from the associations ranked 1 to 3 and the third-placed teams from the associations ranked 4 and 5. The victorious teams from the five play-off ties qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage.

• Teams from the Champions Route and the League Route cannot meet in UEFA Champions League qualifying.

• The losing team from each of the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round ties will go into the UEFA Europa League play-offs.

• The losing team from each of the UEFA Champions League play-off ties will go into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

So should we finish 4th and lose in the play off tie then we will go into the group stages of the Europa League and not the Europa League play off rounds.

Pretty sure we were, it was down to the fact we played so many European games due to us qualifying for the UEFA cup so much and playing part time farmers etc.. so we were higher ranked than a few of the champions league giants. Basically down to the ridiculous ranking system.

Pretty sure we were, it was down to the fact we played so many European games due to us qualifying for UEFA so much and playing part time farmers etc.. so we were higher ranked than a few of the champions league giants. Basically down to the ridiculous ranking system.

This rings a bell to me. Don't remember us being top but certainly recall us being ridiculously high at a point.

We'd play an equivilant team who didn't win the league. I posted a possible list t'other day. No seeding in the draw until the group stages.

Fourth placed team of 2011–12 Premier League

Fourth placed team of 2011–12 La Liga

Fourth placed team of 2011–12 Fußball-Bundesliga

Third placed team of 2011–12 Serie A

Third placed team of 2011–12 Ligue 1

+ 5 of the below...

Third placed team of 2011–12 Portuguese Primeira Liga

Runners-up of 2011–12 Russian Premier League

Runners-up of 2011–12 Ukrainian Premier League

Runners-up of 2011–12 Eredivisie

Runners-up of 2011–12 Turkish Süper Lig

Winners of European competition play-offs of 2011–12 Superleague Greece

Runners-up of 2011–12 Danish Superliga

Runners-up of 2011–12 Belgian Pro League

Runners-up of 2011–12 Romanian Liga I

Runners-up of 2011–12 Scottish Premier League (Third placed team if the runners-up are Rangers, who have been denied a UEFA license due to them entering administration)

...I think.

Ah. :thup:

No chance of drawing Partizan. :megusta:

Pretty sure we were, it was down to the fact we played so many European games due to us qualifying for UEFA so much and playing part time farmers etc.. so we were higher ranked than a few of the champions league giants. Basically down to the ridiculous ranking system.

This rings a bell to me. Don't remember us being top but certainly recall us being ridiculously high at a point.

Makes more sense actually, I have a shit memory just remember us being at a silly position.

We'd play an equivilant team who didn't win the league. I posted a possible list t'other day. No seeding in the draw until the group stages.

+ 5 of the below...

Runners-up of 2011–12 Scottish Premier League (Third placed team if the runners-up are Rangers, who have been denied a UEFA license due to them entering administration)

...I think.

Ah. :thup:

No chance of drawing Partizan. :megusta:

Motherwell.

+ 5 of the below...

...I think.

Please.

We're in Europe!!! Dayum.

Even if we miss out on the CL spots, the Eufa Cup is class. I know it's a good opportunity for kids and fringe players and all that crap, but I hope we take it seriously. Otherwise, what was the point and the reward for all the players who've worked so hard this term (I mean, beyond the financial reward). If we click, and continue to click, and strengthen, we can give most sides in Europe a good game. :) So excited.