Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kharkiv are going to demolish us btw.

I can't say I know that much about them but I was under the impression they're one of those very decent sides (quarter finals last year?) who, while you hardly think "shit they're unbeatable", you'll have to play very well against to beat. Think they've progressed a lot since McFadden and Anichebe terrorised them a few years ago. South Americans and all that.

Anybody used Thomas cook for the group games? Thinking of using them for the Ukraine and was wondering if they were any good.

You beat me to that question there. If i can get the Wednesday off work, i'm gonna do the Thomas Cook thing for Kharkiv.

Pricey, but compared to the tricky independent travel options, it seems the best way to go. Will there be enough interest to fill the plane though? Anybody on here booked it?

Think we're not going to go to Ukraine anymore after watching the Brighton game :/ I can take seeing us lose, but don't think I'm willing to spends hundreds £ to go out to Ukraine to see a half-arsed performance/team selection as we concentrate on the league. Seems very likely we'll throw this cup (which I think is a huge shame).

Anybody used Thomas cook for the group games? Thinking of using them for the Ukraine and was wondering if they were any good.

You beat me to that question there. If i can get the Wednesday off work, i'm gonna do the Thomas Cook thing for Kharkiv.

Pricey, but compared to the tricky independent travel options, it seems the best way to go. Will there be enough interest to fill the plane though? Anybody on here booked it?

About 6 of us going and I spoke to a few at Man United who are. Reckon it'll be good like, was going to go via Istanbul but it was a right fanny on and only around 70 less.

About 6 of us going and I spoke to a few at Man United who are. Reckon it'll be good like, was going to go via Istanbul but it was a right fanny on and only around 70 less.

Went with them to Bruges and Bordeaux and can't complain.  Everything organised for you - just need to turn up on time.  Plenty of free time.  This one has an overnight stay with wasn't the case with the previous trips but they organise these European trips for the other clubs so they know what they are doing.

There were still places available on the earlier trips so I guess as long as they get enough people to cover the costs, it will go ahead.

Booked with Thomas cook. Had a bit of a sleepless night because I thought my 1st payment attempt had failed.  Went through the whole process again, only to find out afterwards that I'd double booked.  £1600 for 2 of us. Frightening.  Managed to dig myself out of it over the phone this morning.  Lad on phone reckons we'll fly about 8am weds and straight back after game.

• 2 weeks later...

Europa league is probably the last thing on most peoples minds at the moment, given our PL struggle,  but I booked the Thomas cook to kharkiv trip at £399. Had a curious look on their website today and new bookings are quoted at £419. Anyone shed any light on why? They haven't taken any money as yet, so I'm hoping I don't get stung for another £20.

Europa league is probably the last thing on most peoples minds at the moment, given our PL struggle,  but I booked the Thomas cook to kharkiv trip at £399. Had a curious look on their website today and new bookings are quoted at £419. Anyone shed any light on why? They haven't taken any money as yet, so I'm hoping I don't get stung for another £20.

The closer to the date the higher the prices, gone are the days of last minute deals. If you booked at £399 the you will be charged £399.

When will we know who out of the new players has been registered?

Feb 1st squad list's have to be confirmed

It's only going to be a choice between Debuchy and Yanga-Mbiwa isn't it? Even if all the currently linked players sign?

Gouffran is ineligible, so it'll be one of those two plus Haidara and Sissoko. Obviously if we get any more in then there'll be an issue. :shifty:

Think a lot will depend on the Coloccini situation and to a lesser extent what happens with Simpson. As it currently stands we can probably muddle by easier in the FB positions than in the centre though, so I'd personally be going for MYM.