Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I pray the away game is the first leg! I'm here with the family in Athens until the 28th. If its affordable for you definitely worth coming, and those of you wanting to make a little trip of it, I recommend looking at places such as Glyfada and Voula to stay as they are about 30 mins drive/45 mins bus from the stadium but are on a nice bit of coast and not too touristy (or pricey) and not grotty like many parts of Athens

Anybody know if their fans are crazy fucking ultra weirdo cunts who'll try and kill us? Will probably affect whether i go.

One of their fan groups is called the Fedayeen . . . Make of that what you will.  :lol:

It's actually Fentagin. They're a relatively small club but have a good core fanbase. I would say there's nothing much to worry about, especially given they've never really played in Europe.

Damn you, Wikipedia!  :tickedoff:

Might be able to get a ferry from Athens to a nearby island and get a plane from there. Just a thought.

Zante is one you can do that from but again flight availability makes it a none starter unless you want to spend a weeks holiday in Zante.

Greek fans are lunatics like.

Seen this the other day, unreal.

Good support there but wouldn't call them lunatics.

Great organised singing and a real credit to them, that's what away support is all about, banners galore, wall-to-wall colour and non stop chanting and dancing for a good couple of hours

Class  :snod:

any of their fans signed up on here yet to tell us "welcome to hell" and such?

That's the Turks, and since you've gone and confused them them both, you'll be the first to be abused.  :lol:

Nah, the classic example was the Olympiakos lot, though I think we had similar from some Turks later on.

Nice draw. A trip to Athens sounds very tempting.. I know the route well enough, it's a 7-8 hr drive from Sofia. It's unlikely that I'll cope with work though, as the game is between my two extended holidays and there's loads of s*** going on atm..

Anyway, the opposition seems minor enough so that we can travel with a team, similar to the one at Hartlepool and still be confident of getting a result.

Anzhi Makhachkala (RUS) v AZ Alkmaar (NED)

Dinamo Bucharest (ROU) v Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)

Feyenoord (NED) v Sparta Prague (CZE)

Red Star Belgrade (SRB) v Bordeaux (FRA)

Slovan Liberec (CZE) v Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)

Stuttgart (GER) v Moscow Dynamo (RUS)

:notbad:

Don´t really think it´s matter if we are seeded or not in the group stage. there are enough bad teams that we should make it through anyway.

meh. Would ratter have a more north team than this. But I guess it´s more important to go through.

:thup: Yorkie. I think we are very close to be seeded in pot 4 (the lowest) if we get through to the group stages. It would be great to sneak into pot 3.

That website someone posted with the very detailed Europa League breakdown had us as the last team in Pot 3 assuming that all seeded teams win EL qualifiers and unseeded teams lose CL qualifiers. I doubt all the seeded teams will win in EL and I'm guessing it's possible that some of the unseeded CL teams are ranked ahead of us anyway, so seems kind of unlikely we'd end up in Pot 4. Either way, should be a decent group.

All assuming we advance.

Guest atromitos-peristeri

hello everyone,i am a supporter of the alien club you drew with today.we are looking forward to welcoming a great club and its fans to our small stadium.you'll have about 1.000 tickets available for the away stand which is seperated from the rest of the stands.you really shouldn't worry about riots and stuff like that,for as it is just a big celebration as it is only our second time in europe and the first to our beloved ground.feel free to ask anything you want.

.com reckon we're trying to get it reversed so hold your horses adventurers!

nowt on .cock about getting it reversed. they are saying the away leg is first but theres a chance the dates could be moved by a day.

hello everyone,i am a supporter of the alien club you drew with today.we are looking forward to welcoming a great club and its fans to our small stadium.you'll have about 1.000 tickets available for the away stand which is seperated from the rest of the stands.you really shouldn't worry about riots and stuff like that,for as it is just a big celebration as it is only our second time in europe and the first to our beloved ground.feel free to ask anything you want.

Welcome. :thup: Who are your best players then?

Is meeting Newcastle in the cup a big deal for your fans? And how well do you know our players/what do you think of them?

Geia sou file  ;)

Will the game be sold out? I don't think I'll be able to get a ticket for the away section so I'm considering going in the home end.

Guest atromitos-peristeri

right back skondras,left back giannoulis and centre midfield dimoutsos-they all were called up to our national team recently.our keeper itandje and centre back lazaridis are valuable units too.we are better in defence generally but we still expect one or two new signings up front.