Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

The website is telling me that Category 1 seats (light blue) are £24. I'm assuming that has already factored in the student (:troll:) discount?

Apologies if this is a Giggs question.

Yes it does it automatically mate, but the printed tickets say adult rather than student on. Think they had issues with setting up the student price band at the start of the season.

Guest neesy111

A year to the day since the 4-4.

I'll take 4-3.

I remember the 4-3 in the 96/97 season.  Big Les scored a great diving header.

Guest VaVaVoom

Starting to feel uneasy about this match. The snow, Given making his return, the 6-0 revenge factor and their quick counter attacks......things have been going too well lately and this is the 'brought back down to Earth' match we often get.

Aye. Two defeats in a row only to be followed by an ugly win against Blackburn - we're surely very arrogant right now. :lol:

Exactly fella...Really think we are gonna muller these lot thmora.

We have been shite lately and are well overdue a game where we totally batter a team.

Guthrie and Jonas are nailed on to start. Hopefully he will give Ben Arfa the chance again tomorrow but it wouldn't suprise me if he's on the bench and Raylor on the RM.

This is my guess for tomorrow:

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Santon

Raylor    -  Guthrie  -  Perch  -    Jonas

Ba

Best

Guthrie and Jonas are nailed on to start. Hopefully he will give Ben Arfa the chance again tomorrow but it wouldn't suprise me if he's on the bench and Raylor on the RM.

This is my guess for tomorrow:

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Santon

Raylor    -  Guthrie  -  Perch  -    Jonas

Ba

Best

I'd be tempted to watch it on TV if that's what we go with.

Few random things to consider:

Pardew has never started Ben Arfa in a 4-4-2; he's always played in this lopsided thing with Best on the left and Ben Arfa on the right - pretty sure Jonas is only in the middle to work hard and possibly protect HBA. Of course he played on the right side of a 4-4-2 in the cup for about 35 minutes and was very good but it was practically defence vs attack.

Pretty sure Shola is ahead of Best in the pecking order, last game Ba was available he started with Shola and Ba and we won 3-0 against the champions. If Cisse is going to start as sub, I'd bet Shola starts ahead of Best, no matter how turd Shola has been.

This has the potential to be very similar to the WBA match, especially if we defend stupidly high up. Petrov can pick a pass a la Brunt and Bent finishes most chances. If Agbonlahor makes it he'll probably rape Simpson, who'll show him onto his favourite right all afternoon.

If we play long ball, Richard Dunne will have an easy day. You've got to get down the sides of this fucker, he's an accident waiting to happen when he's not doing the bread and butter stuff, which admittedly he's very good at.

N'Zogbia will probably score at some point, so let's look forward to that.

We need a big game from Jonas today, I think we will be key if we are to win. Hopefully Hutton will get sent off, we are due someone getting sent off against us.

We'll probably just concede yet another penalty. We've not had a pen at home all season, whereas we've given away about 600 across various grounds

Got to play Ben Arfa. He'll be against Stephen Warnock FFS.

That Villa defensive line is awful. We have a front 4 capable of putting 4 or 5 past them. Pardew needs to grow some balls.

That Villa defensive line is awful. We have a front 4 capable of putting 4 or 5 past them. Pardew needs to grow some balls.

2 wingers running at the full backs would be ideal like. Would imagine Jonas can roast Hutton too.

2 wingers running at the full backs would be ideal like. Would imagine Jonas can roast Hutton too.

If Jonas has a good day I can see Hutton getting sent off. He's a dirty fucker at the best of times.

Guest neesy111

If Jonas has a good day I can see Hutton getting sent off. He's a dirty fucker at the best of times.

Reminds me of Danny Mills.

He's due one.