Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United- 11/02/12 @ 5:30pm (ESPN) Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

@dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Was just sat with Hatem, Demba, Mehdi, Papisse n Gabi having dinner n I didn't have a clue what they were saying ha! #needtolearnfrench

21 seconds ago

They were talking about how they can't wait for a french RB to join in the summer.

Guest kingdawson

Glad I took no notice of his PMs begging me to remove that custom title.

The anti semitism comment was clearly a joke but you have already shown you're a moderator of no honour tbh. It was you that informed me that i would have that custom title taken if i show i was not here solely to be a wum. Fast forward 3 or so years (i think i asked in 08 after joining in 06) and you don't keep your word. I asked again after the Papis Cisse thread but i didn't beg you dishonourable person.

Guest michaelfoster

Likely spurs team apparently

Friedel; Walker, Dawson, King, Ekotto; Kranjcar/Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale; Defoe, Adebayor

I share concerns about the midfield in the match, but that's already been said.  Ba doing his usual dropping deep and doing his usual hard work should help out though.

I'm a little worried about the usual high line with Spurs' pace down the wings.  I'm always concerned about it though and it's worked all season, so that's more me not knowing anything about footballrather than something to be worried about.

Even with Tiote and Cabaye missing I think it's a winnable game with the firepower we have up front.  The match will be my first look at Cisse so I'm pretty excited.

I'd be confident of a result if we had Cabaye and Tiote, but unfortunately I think we'll be overrun in the centre, despite how well Guthrie has played recently.

I agree, I think Guthrie will find it hard up against Scott Parker and Perch will have enough on his plate keeping Modric quiet. Still think our firepower might get us a point though. No VdV is a big loss for them.