Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

they clearly just let this one go, can understand tbh, too difficult to win, could have been really costly to lose half the team putting up another battle against  a strong team, was always going harrys way. maybe a battle worth losing.

get away! "we can let our hair down and if we get beat we get beat"

well whats the point in getting upset, it tells us nowt, other than the manager is wise enough to know some things are not worth the risks.

yeah but it's not too good that he's telling you that before the game.

maybe he was fore warning the fans before they travelled. in terms of the bigger picture, im left feeling meh about today. cos we could have dug in and kicked and scrapped and chased it and maybe got a draw or a narrow hard fought defeat , with a few knocks, hamstrings or cards of whatever colour.-- and those consequences could have cost us more than 3 points over the next fixtures. I think pards learned something at Norwich tbh.  Maybe It was a wise move not to f*** ourselves up over this fixture.

bollocks, in that case he should just have went for the "players missing, they are good "route, instead he sounded like a lower league manager playing away to a prem club in the cup. he's done this a few times, came out with some weird stuff in public which just makes you think "shut uuupppp!" but the results have let him away with it.

:okay:

(still think im nearer the truth than you  ;))

No he wouldn't. But then Spurs haven't had our recent history (and yes blame can be and has been allocated for all of that).

What recent history?

Go back to 2005 and work your way forwards. Spurs have been run well financially, they weren't relegated, they have a good record in the transfer market and, Ramos apart, they have moved the club forwards. Without getting tedious can I just say that between 2005 and now we haven't done all of those things?   

Edit: Sorry please change 2005 to 2004, I was thinking post SBR. My bad.

Danny Simpson (@dannysimpson12)

Posted Saturday 11th February 2012 from ÜberSocial

Sickenin 2 lose 5-0 but iv gotta say spurs were class.. U can't concede 2 in 1st 5mins at any level whoch was disapointin! Fans still sang right til the last minute so thanks 2 them n were sorry

Danny Simpson (@dannysimpson12)

Posted Saturday 11th February 2012 from ÜberSocial

Sickenin 2 lose 5-0 but iv gotta say spurs were class.. U can't concede 2 in 1st 5mins at any level whoch was disapointin! Fans still sang right til the last minute so thanks 2 them n were sorry

How can you say they were class? You'd already lost the game after five minutes, you plum.

Go back to 2005 and work your way forwards. Spurs have been run well financially, they weren't relegated, they have a good record in the transfer market and, Ramos apart, they have moved the club forwards. Without getting tedious can I just say that between 2005 and now we haven't done all of those things?   

That shouldn't stop us playing better football than we do, Keegan came up and played good football as soon as we were up.  I'm not trying to bring Keegan in for any other reason than to point out recent history doesn't mean we should play the way that we do far too often.

That was f***ing awful. s**** defending once again, of which Simpson played his part.

Just hope we forget about it, move on and win the next 2.

we do, as a team we have a short memory. no defeats have caused lingering problems.

That shouldn't stop us playing better football than we do, Keegan came up and played good football as soon as we were up.  I'm not trying to bring Keegan in for any other reason than to point out recent history doesn't mean we should play the way that we do far too often.

The game has changed beyond any comparison since KK brought us up, And I mean that purely in terms of where we can sit in the "money available" hierarchy. Sir John Hall saw the opportunity to really kick the club on and took it. He took us to the point where we were able to spend money others weren't at that time but Christ has that changed. And please I mean no disrespect to the 20th century Kevin Keegan. The world has changed and in terms of getting value for money for what we buy I think recently we've done better than any other club in the the league. As I said we got absolutely tonked today by a far better team and I'm not trying to say otherwise. Playing better football might or might not have resulted in a slightly different result on the day.

Not much to say about that.  Yes, we played well but I don't honestly believe that was our best performance, you were as bad a team as I've seen in quite a while.  The tactics were wrong, the players put in truly awful collective and individual performances, there was nothing to take as a positive.

I said in the pre-match thread I thought you would struggle without Tiote and Cabaye, I never realised by how much.  At least you will have them back soon.

Not much to say about that.  Yes, we played well but I don't honestly believe that was our best performance, you were as bad a team as I've seen in quite a while.  The tactics were wrong, the players put in truly awful collective and individual performances, there was nothing to take as a positive.

I said in the pre-match thread I thought you would struggle without Tiote and Cabaye, I never realised by how much.  At least you will have them back soon.

Thanks for that.

where do bears shit ?

where do bears s*** ?

In cages? Barrels? Wood?

Just got back in from the pub. Fucking hell, what a shambles today was. Absolute shite!

We were completely outclassed everywhere on the pitch. We needlessly lost possession and our defending was very poor. 

Spurs were deserved winners, we didn't really turn up.

Guest firetotheworks

I might be a bit drink, but I've come to the conclusion that we just had a very shit day and they had a very void one. Culminating in the worst result possible for us. Hopefully it was just a one off.

Guest neesy111

I might be a bit drink, but I've come to the conclusion that we just had a very shit day and they had a very void one. Culminating in the worst result possible for us. Hopefully it was just a one off.

I still think we played worse at Blackburn (just that they are far far worse)......... :undecided: