Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

Looks a good player. Quicksilver type who can go past people. One who will get better the more he plays.

Got some stick for this, worth a bump,

Aye, still wouldn't say he's quicksilver, but certainly looks more useful than I expected him to be based on his first preseason outings. Well done, hope he keeps it up and becomes an important player for us.

Guest palnese

Really like the look of him so far, looks like he's got a lot of ability and a lot of potential. I'm curious to find out what his actual position is.

Looks a bit like your standard Arsenal winger/ Attacking midfielder/ no position type of player

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What did people think of him tonight? Think he looked OK. Made a few darting runs forward and seems to always want to create an opportunity, resulted in us losing posession on a couple of occasions though . Would have started him ahead of Sammy tonight.

Honestly can't remember hm touching the ball apart from a few tackles.

Someone's gonna have a hangover tomorrow.

I don't drink alcohol. Nor do I remember anything of note he did apart from a few tackles. Abeid probably had a good game too?

I don't drink alcohol. Nor do I remember anything of note he did apart from a few tackles. Abeid probably had a good game too?

Wasn't this about him not touching the ball apart from a tackle or two?

Wasn't this about him not touching the ball apart from a tackle or two?

He had so little impact that's how I remember it. I genuinely couldn't tell you any more than the 2 or 3 tackles.

there was one moment where he did well to look up and switch it inside from the right to left where Sammy and Santon could push forward.  I've no doubt Sammy or Obertan in that position would have kept their head down and ran into a dead end.

:thup:

JF is right that he didn't have much time on the ball, but who did? He moved well and unpredictably which is like gold dust in our team.

Think he should be more involved with the first team for sure. Especially as Cabaye is out until January. He's shown he can run at defenders previously (albeit lesser opposition) and can pick a pass. Unproven when he has less time on the ball. Anita still looks a bit turd-y in any game with tempo. And sometimes games without tempo/pressure on the ball. :(

I thought he looked talented. I'm not reading too much into the whole "he's nowhere near the first team yet so he must be shit". He's still young and has made a giant leap in divisions. Plus Elliot has said that he doesn't speak a word of English. He's looked decent whenever he's played; no worse than the likes of Marveaux/Sammy/Ferguson - he's probably just bedding in.