Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

• 1 month later...

Thought he looked bright in his odd EL spells, but there must be something not quite right if the likes of Abeid (who Pardew has publicly stated concerns about) are making the bench ahead of him.

Cost nothing and is shit shocker. /Disco

:lol: Not sure I can actually recall him playing but asking a player to go from Ligue 2 to the PL is a massive ask, especially one who looks weak as piss.

It's just the classic pardew ease him in tactics. We will see him next season in the championship. Half joking aside though, pardew did say don't expect much from him this year. I would have thought he could have made the bench today though. Looked neat and tidy when he has played but very lightweight.

Thought he looked bright in his odd EL spells, but there must be something not quite right if the likes of Abeid (who Pardew has publicly stated concerns about) are making the bench ahead of him.

I can remember these same concerns being expressed about Marveaux.

I suppose, but the context couldn't be more different.

marveaux had already done it at a higher level. some in france had been tipping him as an outsider for the french squad.

marveaux had already done it at a higher level. some in france had been tipping him as an outsider for the french squad.

And he was class on FM.

And he was class on FM.

I'll put it down to over-cautious Pards letting a foreigner settle in. There was something recently about him speaking barely any English. He'll be class next season ;)

Is this the same Pardew masterplan which saw him fail to integrate Tevez and Mascherano into his world beating West Ham side? :)

So is this one of Graham Carrs super-buys?

Or is the 'Carr Effect' just bullshit?

Different standards apply to freebies.

In FM parlance: 2 star = give him a shot, but 4 star players need to jump through all sorts of hoops to get over the line...

I have no doubt in my mind that Pardew is mis-managing this guy. No doubt.

The only way we'll see him is if injuries force it to happen, and then we'll all wonder why he hasn't appeared any sooner.