Romain Amalfitano joins Dijon permanently for an undisclosed fee

stozo

Guest MrSundlofer

Was he injured or only left out from the squad in February, Mars and April? His last game was February 4th, before coming on from the bench four days ago.

Guest Haris Vuckic
Simon Bird ‏ @simonbirdmirror

Amalfitano is a central midfielder. A passer and water carrier akin to Arteta, reports @Sewellyy #nufc

;D ;D ;D

Amalfitano is a central midfielder. A passer and water carrier akin to Arteta, reports @Sewellyy #nufc

;D ;D ;D

:mackems:

Thought that was obviously a pisstake. Turns out it's real.

From French Football Weekly, not sure if I can link the article as it has some highlights reels on it but searching Amalfitano on the FFW site should so the trick

Friend of the site and Ligue 2 expert Steve Wyss said the following when asked about the player:

“As the younger brother of OM’s Morgan, you can see that football class clearly runs in the family. In many ways, he is similar to his brother in that he’s a superb creative player, although perhaps not quite as versatile. He preferred position is sitting in the AMID hole behind the strikers, although he is also capable of playing a more deep lying playmaker role.

He is light on his feet and you can tell he has a high technique and skill level. Not so much of a goalscorer, or even someone who assists that often. His main strength is his excellent pass ability and vision is excellent.”

Doesn't sound like a replacement in the wide forward role.

;D ;D ;D

:mackems:

Thought that was obviously a pisstake. Turns out it's real.

That's pretty funny to be fair. I quite like Simon Bird or maybe I just like him because he's not Lee Ryder.

Hi Lee.  O0

From French Football Weekly, not sure if I can link the article as it has some highlights reels on it but searching Amalfitano on the FFW site should so the trick

Friend of the site and Ligue 2 expert Steve Wyss said the following when asked about the player:

“As the younger brother of OM’s Morgan, you can see that football class clearly runs in the family. In many ways, he is similar to his brother in that he’s a superb creative player, although perhaps not quite as versatile. He preferred position is sitting in the AMID hole behind the strikers, although he is also capable of playing a more deep lying playmaker role.

He is light on his feet and you can tell he has a high technique and skill level. Not so much of a goalscorer, or even someone who assists that often. His main strength is his excellent pass ability and vision is excellent.”

Sounds like a replacement for Cabaye.

It's going to be a brilliant summer, finding out who all players we buy are replacements for.

Sounds like a replacement for Cabaye.

It's going to be a brilliant summer, finding out who all players we buy are replacements for.

That's the spirit!

People's sarcasm detectors seem fucked like.

Agreed, thought it was very obvious. Especially considering the previous posts discussing him as a replacement for for Ba.

Romain Amalfitano has again refused to confirm that he has signed for Newcastle United, although Sky Sports understands a deal has been concluded.

The 23-year-old midfielder has agreed terms on a three-year deal and will move to the North East on a Bosman free transfer this summer.

Amalfitano, brother of Marseille's Morgan, is a creative central midfielder who has attracted a great deal of interest with Reims in Ligue 2 this season.

Newcastle's own scouting system is particularly strong in France and they look to have again won the day by persuading Amalfitano to join the growing number of Frenchman at St James' Park.

Despite the reports, Amalfitano would only say that he is still flattered by the interest.

"It would be a dream come true, but also a big step from Ligue 2 in France to the Premier League," he told Sky Sports.

"I know there is a lot of reports that I signed for Newcastle but I have contacts with other clubs as well.

"I think my good season in the Ligue 2 has impressed many scouts in Europe's top league!

"Everyone will know at the end of the season where I will be playing my football next season."

Newcastle and Amalfitano appear unlikely to confirm a deal has been done until the end of the current campaign.