How happy are you with our current management?

Hanshithispantz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Ashley: Get Rid, get rid now (Though, I probably should've gone one up from here, as I'd be rather picky over new owners)

Alan Pardew: Happy, keep doing what you're doing

do you think pardew could keep on doing what he's doing without what ashley put in place ?

I don't know. But "Pardew: Get rid of him, I know he's doing a decent job, but I don't think he can do it once I get rid of the fat man" wasn't available

Happy with Pardew in general. We all know that he isn't perfect but he is far away from being a poor manager as some people would suggest just because he's leaving HBA on the bench.

I still don't trust Mike Ashley and, as well as he's done for the club from a financial point of view, I would still be quite happy if he left immediately. Things like renaming SJP and the fact that he's never short of ideas of how to produce a next catastrophe makes him an unwanted person in my eyes.

I'm not sure why some are objecting to the thread. It's quite an interesting snapshot of opinion - in particular, the fact that views of Ashley are now fairly evenly spread right across the board, from Get rid to Happy.

On the stadium re-naming, I'd rather it hadn't happened, but I can't say that I blame the bloke. He sees other clubs gain an advantage through outside oil subsidies, he's ended up using a lot of his own money to keep us going, and I can understand him wanting to try to maximise the club's income through whatever means possible.

The view goes round that it's just a cynical ploy to benefit Sports Direct, and time may make that more apparent or not. The difficulty is that the hostility to the name change really is likely to put potential sponsors off, and so for that reason we may end up with all the SD signs for some time to come. That's the reality. Ashley is likely to benefit either way.

I can understand local fans feeling aggrieved. What I dislike is the bandwagon jumpers. Over several years, the local council has done very little to help the club, and in some cases has actually been obstructive. Clambering on to their high horse over a name change doesn't sit well with me.

Apart from the stadium naming bollocks I can't think of much I'm too unhappy about with regards to the running of the club at present. Said the same a few weeks back.

And before anyone says it, no I don't agree that we need to do it to afford Cisse/these new contracts.

Apart from the stadium naming bollocks I can't think of much I'm too unhappy about with regards to the running of the club at present. Said the same a few weeks back.

And before anyone says it, no I don't agree that we need to do it to afford Cisse/these new contracts.

I pretty much agree with this. If he didn't deface ourground and it's history he would have won many over by now the FCB.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm happy at how the club is being ran on and off the field (stadium renaming aside) but not happy with some of the men at the helm, namely the owner, the chairman and to a much much much lesser extent, the first team manager. I am extremely happy with our team on the pitch too, although improvements can be made.

I'm happy at how the club is being ran on and off the field (stadium renaming aside) but not happy with some of the men at the helm, namely the owner, the chairman and to a much much much lesser extent, the first team manager. I am extremely happy with our team on the pitch too, although improvements can be made.

how does that work ?

FWIW, I am broadly aligned with the Cronky Interpretation. Weirdly, while somewhere upthread this set of views is being touted as absurd and freakish, I notice that the two options I voted for in the poll -- broadly happy with both Ashley and Pardew -- are currently the most popular positions.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The board this season 8/10

Over their rein 6/10

Keegan, the lying, the stadium are the black marks

The financial steadying, the scouting, the youth set up, securing top players and the bore hole are the pluses!

Pardew

At the moment 6/10

Overall 8/10

His book has been blotted recently with poor displays/ results and HBA

Overall though he has done a top job, good motivator, players play for him!

I'm happy on both accounts

Ashley:

my opinion on him for some time has been broadly neutral, there are things where I like what he's doing (common sense overall in financially running the club, trying to improve the youth setup, the way the club says fuck all re transfers and contracts and just gets on with it and our overall transfer policy) and things I don't like (stadium branding is not something I'm fond of, the continual employment of Derek Llambias). Overall I think he's certainly improved as an owner dramatically and the fact there actually seems to be a coherent and realistic plan on improving us as a club is welcome and while the stadium issue is a big black mark its not what I'd describe as something vindictive just a very cold business idea which I can understand if never agree with.

Pardew:

How can anyone not be happy with him? hes done an incredible job and seems a nice guy. Sure a slight dip lately but hell any side can go through a dip and the fact its even remotely possible that we can get a cl place is just insane

I've always had my doubts about Llambias and his running of the day to day (especially his occasional forays into the PR side of things) but there are quite a few Premiership owners out there worse than Ashley. I don't particularly trust him not to not screw things up again (how can we?) but, there again, this is a f*cked up industry and some of the stuff that has happened at other clubs is beyond belief. He clearly doesn't govern an oil rich Middle Eastern country but he can afford to fund us to a better level than most clubs. We seem to have a financial viability plan and a scouting system in place that other clubs envy (and that is based on talking to their supporters not just my opinion). I'm also ok with Pardew. We aren't in bad hands right now.  Happy.

We owe him many millions of pounds and the club could not repay his loan and survive. - so yes he does fund us. If you mean that in the recent past the club hasn't required any further funding from him (and in fact his overall loan may have even reduced) then that is another issue.