Newcastle 1 - 1 Sunderland - 04/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 42

Beren

It'll be a two match ban for Cattermole.

so it was a second yellow then

Nope, straight red. Foul and abusive language only gets two games.

And his other two match ban for number of yellows this season? That make it 4?

It'll be a two match ban for Cattermole.

so it was a second yellow then

Nope, straight red. Foul and abusive language only gets two games.

And his other two match ban for number of yellows this season? That make it 4?

Probably, aye.

So, my summation:

We were terrible, absolutely terrible in the first half. The tactics were all wrong - the amount of direct football we played was annoying and it caused the mackems no problem whatsoever. They deserved their lead tbh. Ben Arfa's introduction definitely changed things for the better in the second half, we actually started to play some football - something which troubled the mackems. Sure, Sessegnon's red card helped our cause but in end, the standard of football we played in the second half was miles better than what we've seen recently. It was encouraging stuff and I hope Pardew learns from today (for example, I hope he now sees the merits in starting/giving an extended run of games to Ben Arfa - he can really make a difference). Thank fuck for Shola btw! He really saved the day, he truly is the mackem destroyer. Wish he had taken the penalty though. 

In the end, at least we didn't lose. A decent, deserved point in the end but still can't help but think what could have been had we been positive from the beginning (by that I mean, passing and playing). Lessons have been learned from today, hopefully.

What a strange game.

First half was turgid at best. Some added motivation combined with Ben Arfa's magical feet got us back into it. Richardson got done hard.

Shola Ameobi, won a penalty and scored a goal. Can't ask for more (despite me hating on him for the last year, fairly).

Still, no idea why we started the game so badly. Fucking delighted we didn't let them beat us though.

Annoying how we kept going with the long balls to Ba and Cisse, they aren't very strong with their heading, not in the build up, maybe in the box due to their smart movement when it comes to sniff out the chances.

9/10 Sunderland won it in the air, not rocket science that neither could find any rythm in the game with this style.

odd game, we seemed thrown by Cattermoles early hacking of Tiote and were very ill tempered throughout the half and way too much hoofball going on. Miles better in the 2nd and we probably deserved to win.

Hate to say it but O'Shea for them was excellent

also, 20 corners. ffs need to be more efficient.

Balls into the box were rubbish all day: from corners, FKs, and open play. Half of that is due to Jonas being the one putting the ball in 50% of the time, like.

That arms across the chest thing seems to signify 'this corner is going to be rubbish'. :lol:

Haha funnily enough i was thinking that, what the fuck does it mean i wonder they do it every corner.

That arms across the chest thing seems to signify 'this corner is going to be rubbish'. :lol:

Haha funnily enough i was thinking that, what the fuck does it mean i wonder they do it every corner.

I used to think it must have signified a routine where we aimed it at Williamson (i suppose the signal looks more like a W than any letter? Tenuous, i know...).

Seems to vary, though. Can't work it out.

What is the mackems problem with the ref? I thought he kept them in it today.

its Martin O'Neill, hes a serial moaner about just about anything under the sun but is always quick to reach for the ref is rubbish idea

Pardew: "None of our staff entered the refs room - it is completely untrue" in response to MON claim

What is the mackems problem with the ref? I thought he kept them in it today.

Indeed. Terrible decisions all game bar the Sessegnon red card and our penalty. Every time we tackled someone he'd blow for a foul.

Guest Heneage

The worst refereeing performance I've ever seen btw.

Mike Dean went some way to topping his performance against Chelsea.

I could be wrong, but they didn't discuss Turner's handball at all on ESPN. Clear as day and yet nothing is given.

I could be wrong, but they didn't discuss Turner's handball at all on ESPN. Clear as day and yet nothing is given.

I don't think David Pleat even realised it was a handball.

Guest bondedcrown

Sessegnon was rightly given his marching orders for striking Tiote in the stomach although the Newcastle player, who then collapsed to the ground and rolled around as though he had been shot, ought to have been booked for his ridiculous over-the-top reaction. Dear me! if i was this bad at my job  iwouldn't last 30 secs

I used to think it must have signified a routine where we aimed it at Williamson (i suppose the signal looks more like a W than any letter? Tenuous, i know...).

Seems to vary, though. Can't work it out.

Not much point in a secret signal if people can work it out.

pretty sure the commentators caught it

Sessegnon was rightly given his marching orders for striking Tiote in the stomach although the Newcastle player, who then collapsed to the ground and rolled around as though he had been shot, ought to have been booked for his ridiculous over-the-top reaction. Dear me! if i was this bad at my job  iwouldn't last 30 secs

He hit him on the chin mate if you look.