Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

PhysioRoom.com Ltd ‏ @physioroom

more bad news for @Arsenal fans as a limping #Walcott was replaced by #Park & #Oxlade-Chamberlain came off on 75min with a suspected injury

can someone distract RVP for a couple of hours during the game? Take him bowling or something.

Colo can distract him with the fanny pubes he has in his back pocket.

I'm glad you mentioned they were "fanny pubes", I'm sure RVP won't be able to resist, and it's interesting that Colo keeps them, a la Hannibal Lector style, in his back pocket after shagging all of our fair maidens...

Guest bimpy474

FFS its Howard Webb for this game, our worst and by far most big club suckable upper ref in history.

I don't think we should be experimenting with formations for this. Nor should we sacrifice wide men for including more attacking players or a more attackign looking formation. A simple 442 would be our best option for this I feel. Their full backs are average, especially at defending. HBA and Jonas on the sides with Tiote and Cabaye trying to control the middle will be our best bet. The back 4 need to stay the back 4 against Arsenal, don't really want them thinking about anything else other than playing their usual positions.

Tiote and Cabaye need to have more defensive and attacking roles respectively in the centre. 5 defending 5 attacking.

Is Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott injured for this match?

I hope so - takes out all of the pace in their team.

They still have a few fast players apart from those.

Everybody else in their team is manageable.  Would have hated to see Walcott and OC have a run at either full back.

I'd say they're doubts for Monday. Haven't been completely ruled out yet.

Walcott was limping quite heavily when he came off yesterday and the Ox apparently did his hamstring last night. Touch and go for them I reckon.