Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Still expect us to win, but it can't be disputed that on the face of it we're lining up strangely. If we fail to get three points questions will rightly be asked.

Questions will be asked if we don't win, full stop. Our performances and results have been poor lately, so Pardew seems to be trying something different. Seems daft how everyone is pissing their pants over the lineup.

Keegan's 4312 looked weird when he first changed us to that after some dire form, that worked wonders in the short term. Have some faith!

Looking like we're starting a midfielder at left back, a utility defender in midfield and a central midfielder on the left wing. And some are amazed it's being questioned. :lol:

:lol: I'm trying to hold my tongue until I see how we actually line up but it's difficult.  Hoping he's not going for something wacky because he's shit scared of Norwich.

Guest VaVaVoom

Looking like we're starting a midfielder at left back, a utility defender in midfield and a central midfielder on the left wing. And some are amazed it's being questioned. :lol:

Cant see the wood for the trees can you Dave. HTT sucked you in fella?

Jonas has pretty much been playing left back the last few games.

Perch played in midfield at Forest, just as much as he did in defence.

If we are playing a diamond, the left side of a diamond is not the left wing.

Let's see what the lineup is once the game starts, negative Nancy.

:lol: I'm trying to hold my tongue until I see how we actually line up but it's difficult.  Hoping he's not going for something wacky because he's shit scared of Norwich.

That's just it. This alleged new set-up smacks of more playing for the opposition. At home to Norwich, i'd hope it would be the other way round. But then i saw the Wolves and Mackems games.

Cant see the wood for the trees can you Dave. HTT sucked you in fella?

What?

Well I hope he surprises us. 4-3-3 with Barca like football. Perch can be Busquets, Guthrie is Iniesta and Cabaye Xavi. Play some lovely passing football and win 5-0.

In reality it's going to be some lopsided 4-4-2, with players out of position all over the shop. Reminds me a bit of Stoke away and Everton home last season. Really strange changes from AP.

IF that is where they play, then to be fair Guti has effectively been not far from a left back all season, and it'd take some convincing to make me think that Perch has been a better utility defender than a defensive midfielder for us.