Fabrice Muamba retires from professional football

MW

56 days is madness, imo.

It is hefty like, but all these keyboard warriors giving it some and trying to act the funny cunt over the internet think they're absolutely untouchable. An example has obviously been made of him because what happened to Muamba is such a high profile story, especially in the world of football at the moment due to the circumstances surrounding it.

Glad this little turd got nailed down and this will make people think twice about trying to give it the big'un over their computers. Glad to hear Muamba's recovering and all.

Guest Shaun

I've missed these tweets.  What did he say?

He never said anything racist towards Muamba iirc. He told someone to 'go suck a "n-word" dick' after his initial tweet of 'LOL fuck Muamba, he's dead'

He never said anything racist towards Muamba iirc. He told someone to 'go suck a "n-word" dick' after his initial tweet of 'LOL fuck Muamba, he's dead'

In response to some of the people on Twitter who suggested that this might not be quite the time for it, he proceeded to add:

• you are a silly c**t… Your mothers a w*g and your dad is a rapist! Bonjour you scruffy northen c***!

• owwww go suck a n****r d*** you f*****g aids ridden c**t

• go suck muamba's dead black d**k then you aids ridden t**t! #muambasdead

• go rape your dog! #C**t!

• I aint your friend you w*g c**t ….go pick some cotton!

56 days in prison for Liam Stacey who did the offensive tweets.

he'd have got less time for ABH or 100 burglaries.

This made me laugh,  you sound like Ricky or Julian from Trailer Park Boys, when they know exactly how much crime they can get away with before getting sent down. No offence!

In which case, the problem is that sentences for burglaries or ABH are too soft, not that what this little scrote got is too harsh.

In response to some of the people on Twitter who suggested that this might not be quite the time for it, he proceeded to add:

• you are a silly c**t… Your mothers a w*g and your dad is a rapist! Bonjour you scruffy northen c***!

• owwww go suck a n****r d*** you f*****g aids ridden c**t

• go suck muamba's dead black d**k then you aids ridden t**t! #muambasdead

• go rape your dog! #C**t!

• I aint your friend you w*g c**t ….go pick some cotton!

What a charming gentleman.

This made me laugh,  you sound like Ricky or Julian from Trailer Park Boys, when they know exactly how much crime they can get away with before getting sent down. No offence!

OT: Trailer Park Boys is class. Have to go search for DVDs on Amazon. :lol:

It's interesting how forums have been having disgusting shit posted on them for years without any censure for the poster but Twitter is being treated by the courts as a public space. Is there a difference between them?

56 days is a bit OTT, but it's obvious they're making an example of him. Sends out a pretty clear message that s*** like this simply won't be tolerated.

Shame a load of other shit worse than this is being overlooked

It's interesting how forums have been having disgusting shit posted on them for years without any censure for the poster but Twitter is being treated by the courts as a public space. Is there a difference between them?

I don't think Stan Collymore goes mooching round forums tbh

It's interesting how forums have been having disgusting s*** posted on them for years without any censure for the poster but Twitter is being treated by the courts as a public space. Is there a difference between them?

Spot on.....such a lot of sentimental crap posted on this forum alone...just look at some postings today.....just as bad as this daft kid.....it's all PC  as is poular these days

The fact is that this guy got the attention of people who were going to report him to the police, and there was enough people that the plod paid attention. I'm sure there's plenty of similar stuff floating around the Internet, but people don't generally do it in a place that will get hundreds/thousands of people outraged at their comments, and they don't tend to do it somewhere where they're so accountable (i.e. using their real name, location etc).

And as far as I'm concerned, his sentence is well deserved.

The fact is that this guy got the attention of people who were going to report him to the police, and there was enough people that the plod paid attention. I'm sure there's plenty of similar stuff floating around the Internet, but people don't generally do it in a place that will get hundreds/thousands of people outraged at their comments, and they don't tend to do it somewhere where they're so accountable (i.e. using their real name, location etc).

And as far as I'm concerned, his sentence is well deserved.

:thup: No argument, it was disgusting what he put. In relation to sentences for other offences, it may be harsh, I don't know. Couldn't give a shit. Just for being such a retard, he deserves it. If there was prison space for it, I'd love for more of this to be dished out. If you're going to post stuff like that on such a massive medium of communication, where emotions are still running high over it, you deserve to be villified.

You're very rarely going to get done for something on an internet forum, because it's maximum a few thousand people on said forum. You need enough to be so disgusted that they then start spreading it to all their friends and other public spaces. You post it on a world platform that has tens of millions suscribed? Of course it's going to get attention. It's a much higher up relative to the FA only dishing out retrospective punishments when MOTD tells them to.