Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Thought we might get a little bit of credit from either the Times or Guardian podcasts yesterday, seeing as we barely got a mention after WBA, but instead the only thing of substance that any of them had to say was both calling James Perch "despicable".

Dunno why you still bother with them Wullie. The lack of coverage we get is ridiculous, last time I downloaded the Guardian the most they discussed about us after another win was "how long until Newcastle fans start giving Mike Ashley credit?"

Dunno why you still bother with them Wullie. The lack of coverage we get is ridiculous, last time I downloaded the Guardian the most thing they discussed about us after another win was "how long until Newcastle fans start giving Mike Ashley credit?"

I've been very unimpressed with the Guardian podcast. Yet it has a rep for being one of the best? hmmmm

The Guardian is prohibited from ever covering us well, due to the overrepresentation of makem lovers. Barry Glendenning and Luoise Taylor are chief culprits. Glendenning is the worse of the two because he genuiunely hates US, the supporters of Newcastle. He probably got beaten up back in the day or something. If Barry isn't promoting a stereotype then he is casually ignoring our success on the field in a very passive agressive way. The man is a dickhead of the highest order. Aside from Newcastle, the Guardian's coverage is usually pretty good.

Media in general coverage of us is p*ss poor having said that it makes it even more sweeter when we do well.

Honestly couldn't care less what the media have to say about anything. The onl thing I enjoy in the media are interviews. It's pitiful the paucity of decent journalism in this country, especially sports journalism. Most of it is cliches, bandwagoning, tired opinions. Can't wait for the day when journalism as it is falls apart

Media in general coverage of us is p*ss poor having said that it makes it even more sweeter when we do well.

Honestly couldn't care less what the media have to say about anything. The onl thing I enjoy in the media are interviews. It's pitiful the paucity of decent journalism in this country, especially sports journalism. Most of it is cliches, bandwagoning, tired opinions. Can't wait for the day when journalism as it is falls apart

Could'nt agree more, id argue the only good thing about the media is interviews readily available and news reaching the masses faster.

Louise Taylor is terrible, but don't actually mind barry glendenning, he's normally very tongue in cheek and quite funny. Has also given us credit fairly often. If all Sunderland fans were like him they might actually have some wit at rtg.

Having said that, yeah poor coverage domestic teams, think their european coverage is pretty good though.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/3a/c9/0,,10278~9816378,00.jpg

even cheick was keeping his distance

Why only ten players there? FFS

Who do you think is taking the photo?

I want to know where Ba's left index finger is

Aye I like the European round up and I need something for the walk to work since the Tuesday Club and the Ramble don't surface till later in the week. Tbf I don't mind them, it's only when it comes to Newcastle that it winds me up.

I prefer it this way, only annoying thing is the build up to a game when Sky just talk about the opposition. But I quite like ghosting under the radar, makes it even more sweeter.

Could'nt agree more, id argue the only good thing about the media is interviews readily available and news reaching the masses faster.

This... Can't bare the UK sports media in general...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/3a/c9/0,,10278~9816378,00.jpg

even cheick was keeping his distance

Why only ten players there? FFS

Who do you think is taking the photo?

I want to know where Ba's left index finger is

Or even his right, look at Taylor's face!

I haven't listened to The Guardian's that much but when I did I found Richardson unbearably irritating and Glendenning a smug, boring tosser.  Incredibly up itself.

The latter has become a parody of himself rather quickly. There was one the other week when Crouch scored with him and some other dour Irish chap, proper hard listening.

As Wullie says it's alreet when they're not talking about us but they're usually flippant and inaccurate when they are. It's a mile better than the Times one though, that's horrific. Aside from Carroll (one of whom defended him) they spent 10 mins jipping Perch talking about Liverpool without even mentioned who scored for us or owt.

I haven't listened to The Guardian's that much but when I did I found Richardson unbearably irritating and Glendenning a smug, boring tosser.  Incredibly up itself.

The latter has become a parody of himself rather quickly. There was one the other week when Crouch scored with him and some other dour Irish chap, proper hard listening.

Still listening twice a week on my commute to work. I like Glendenning though his schtick does get tiresome pretty quickly. The show is always much better-- more insightful less jokey-- when Glendenning is away.

What bores me is Sid Lowe. I don't particularly care about either Real Madrid or Barcelona and don't fancy listening to him talk about how boring it is in La Liga. Every show he's prattling on how the Madrid papers are saying this or that. Give it a rest.  Would rather hear about the title races in France or Germany.