Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

Hello,

French fan here ! Can I say I love newcastle ? If you manage  to keep Ben arfa at this level I will maybe see a beautiful French game in my life for the euro ! I actually like Perch, Tiote and Cisse xD

And a stat Ben arfa manages 27 out of his 29 passes. He improves so much.

And sorry for the English.

Welcome :)

Glad you enjoyed NUFC. Keep coming back. Life is always entertaining here.

Your english is good :thup:

Guest GeordieAce

On RAWK sight, they so bitter about Perch. Poor babies.

As if Suarez wouldn't have done the same thing. Embarrassing the way he went down but if he hadn't, the ref wouldn't have sent him off imo.

I think our players did not want to shoot against Jose Enrique coz they did not want to embarass their friend..if it was Suarez is differents story..sure everyone will shoot!

I thought so too, definitely had no intention of trying to embarrass Enrique any more than he had been already. Shame I really wanted to rub it in!

Top class performance all around tbh. Williamson was better stepping out of Colo's shadow and taking some responsibility, best game for him in a long time. He was desperately unlucky not to score twice too. Second header that came after the break was immense, shearer-esq.

For me Guti has to be in the team, his possession and work rate is invaluable. I'm not sure I agree with his decision to have him at left back today, he was ripped to complete shreds by Bellamy in the first half. Guthrie offered a bit more protection that Guti would have done in midfield though. I also think Pardew is still protecting Santon a bit too much, hopefully we get to see more of him next year.

Damn I hope Ba gets his goalscoring boots back on, Cisse has however taken over his previous role in the team and what a revelation he is. Ba's work rate is known but still understated which is why it doesn't matter that he is in a scoring rut.

Great to see Tiotes back, huge, huge player to have back for this game and the rest of this season, fingers crossed.

One of the best moments was seeing Pardews reaction to Ben Arfa when he came off. A couple of months ago I was 90% sure Ben Arfa would be sold this summer, thankfully Pardew has finally given him the chance he needed via a run of games in the team and what a player he is.

Even Simpson had a great game, probably should have been off, although it was closer to his shoulder he played for it.

Guest Wally_McFool

Must say that Perch and Williamson are not at the top of my favourite players list but these two were fuckin' immense today.

9 out of 10 for everybody today in fact!

Pardew just said what I did earlier on the second goal. There's clearly a touch in the centre which makes it a second phase or whatever.

Haven't read the thread yet but I really don't understand how anyone has a problem with it. Even in the studio Danny Murphy was saying it wasn't a goal for him, how thick do you have to be to fail to understand it?

"I like the old rules better" is clutching at straws punditry.  Our first goal was described as a failure to stop a cross and a failure to mark properly. The inch perfect cross that took out the defender wasn't worthy of any credit from Sky.

Was a magnificent game!  :love:

Glad you rape this Liverpool team but honestly they are soooo weak. Didn't even notice Gerrard was on the pitch tbh.

Cissé confirmed his excellent form. M. Ashley is definitely a good business man to have all those talented players for practically nothing!

Was also nice to see Enrique and Carroll playing against NUFC and showing them they were wrong to leave. Honestly, really don't understand why you were all so sad to see them leaving, in particular Carroll who is an atrocious football player. :lol:

Also thought Gerrard was anonymous but Carroll had a decent game, just didn't get the little bit of luck he needed. (Thank goodness,) ((And apart from that ridiculous dive.))

Guest Spiria

I have so much joy reading Liverpool thread for the match that I feel not like a French. And believe me, 29 page of English for a French it is very long to read xD Actually I have been following the forum for such a long time but only feel to write only today. Very good match hope that you will have a place for Europe you really are a good team.

Guest VaVaVoom

Pardew just said what I did earlier on the second goal. There's clearly a touch in the centre which makes it a second phase or whatever.

Haven't read the thread yet but I really don't understand how anyone has a problem with it. Even in the studio Danny Murphy was saying it wasn't a goal for him, how thick do you have to be to fail to understand it?

"I like the old rules better" is clutching at straws punditry.  Our first goal was described as a failure to stop a cross and a failure to mark properly. The inch perfect cross that took out the defender wasn't worthy of any credit from Sky.

Typical Sky punditry though. Like the BBC they have very little good to actually say about us.

I dont mind though, we are having a great season sticking it up the haters.

Guest BooBoo

Gerrard was invisible. Considering how he's tortured us in the past, he seemed pretty disinterested today.

That's Kenny though, great man manager.

Guest VaVaVoom

Gerrard was invisible. Considering how he's tortured us in the past, he seemed pretty disinterested today.

Pretty sure the commentator actually said he was a great man manager... :lol:

Imagine adding another attacking midfielder, left winger to match Ben Arfa, quality left back and top centre back to play with Colo.  Very exciting summer if we can reach Europe.

The team oozed class even with a few saftey pins and band aids for certain parts of the pitch.

The downside is who we will end up selling this summer. People will be in for Tiote and Ba without any doubt, question is will they go or can we persuade them we are going in the right direction for them to stay. Maybe more importantly will we suggest they go if the bid is high enough to fund multiple replacements.

Really Tiote is my only worry, he is the type of player I have wanted for the past 15 years, its taken us this long to find him can we find another? On current form with our scouting staff I would say yes, but its a huge gamble.

He was playing far too deep today.

absolutely chiuffing brilliant result and awesome game

one of the most entertaining i've seen all season

Ben arfa is fookin class and so is cisse.

liverpool were utter gash and i loved every second of it. reina getting sent off was class

fantastic day. now i wanna go buy more buy more beer, call my boss take tomorrow off and pay for mania tonight

Guest BooBoo

he cheats, he dives, he hates the jackson 5, luis suarez, luis suarez.

SO.....MUCH.....GIGGS....