Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers 09/04/2012 @3PM

TheGuv

I think Pardew suggested on NUFC TV Cabaye and Tiote will be back for Stoke.

Seemed like he was keeping his cards close to his chest. He said we would be struggling for numbers for Bolton, but would be ok for Stoke. That was after he had been asked about Guthrie and Obertan. I hope by the time Stoke comes around we will have plenty of options off the bench.

I've been following NUFC long enough to know we often fail when it's least expected. Bolton are fighting for their Premiership lives. We are in good form but seem to pick up an injury every game. The SJP crowd aren't usually very vocal when it's a game we 'should' win. The atmosphere against Chelsea, Man U, Sunderland and Liverpool was great. Against Norwich and the like it can be quite flat. We need the team to get us going. I would imagine our team will be quite tired having only had around 25% of the possession against Swansea. That's a lot of closing down and running we did. Hopefully Bolton have a tough game on Saturday.

As for resting players, tell the players to give it one big push knowing they've got a few weeks rest coming after this game. Ba would have scored against Norwich if it wasn't for a couple of great saves by their keeper. We didn't have the ball much against Swansea so he didn't get many chances. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Unless injuries force our hand, keep the same team (Colo to come back if fit).

The way we're setting up at the minute reminds me of when Keegan changed to the 4-3-3 during his second spell. We look a totally different team and the confidence is flowing, however if we lose Cabaye & Tiote in addition to Guthrie, it will be a lot trickier.

Hopefully Bolton put all their efforts into winning at home to Fulham tomorrow and then rest a few on Monday, two games in 48 hours is tough at this stage of the season so our extra day off is useful.

Despite having such a good season, we've not gave anyone a proper beating yet, would love to win by 3 or 4 to really get the lads buzzing for the run-in. That said, I'd be more than happy with a 1-0.

Be nice if Colo could get some kind of run out at the tail end of this game. Perch has deputised excellently at CB, but much more physical challenges lie ahead of the Bolton fixture - for which I think he will be better suited.

Yep, looking forward to this game! Should be a good'un.

Hope Tiote and Cabaye are fine for Monday. Having Colo back would be a massive boost too (that's down to the physios and Colo really, if both parties think he's good to go then obviously I'd be all for it :)).

Feels great we can sit back, relax and see how the weekend of football pans out. Then we've got this. All good.

aye but i'll be too bloody worried about the walking wounded, injured  etc.

This is going to be a tricky one. They are fighting for survival so will really be up for it, will take a 1-0 now.

they are down there for a reason and for all some teams do go ona fantastic run and escape it, the majority are abject poor teams , bolton are thus. put a decent enough team out and we should be ok.

Without Demba:

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Perch  Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Gosling

Ben Arfa  Cisse  Jonas

probably, ferguson for gosling is an alternative ?