Europa League or not?

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is not a wind-up,  i always thought most fans have accepeted this.  and it was only the older generation and older fans who still hold the fa cup as some kind of prestigious competition.  it use to be yes. it was prestigious with great tradition,. it WAS

i know you guys got that nostalgia, the imagery flooding back in your minds on the tv screen of the teams walking out of that corner and seeing the twin towers and all that.  the memories of teams walking up the steps to pick up that cup with the colour ribbons of the triumphant side and having royalties waiting up there to hand out the congratulations.

hey i remember all that stuff as well! but times have changed fellers. it really has.

You are wrong, simple as that.

you disagree fine, but explain to me, if the fa cup is so grand and special, why do mid table and top teams field weakened sides,  yes i can forgive the bottom teams who foresee themselves battling for survival who also field understrength sides.

The FA Cup is the oldest knockout cup competition in the world with mountains of tradition and history.

If you dont think it's special, you are following the wrong sport.

Maybe you should be following Polo or Gymnastics instead of football.

lol im guessing you're an imperialist? hahaha,  talk about being insular and closed minded, you really think people on the outside that follows seria a, la liga, bundesligue, etc even give two hoots about the fa cup.  grow up. so i guess none of these people are following the right sport.

Really do not understand some people on here like, every team should go out 100% to win every competative tournament, simple as. Even if we won the league cup next season it would be a great success.

because some of us live in reality,

field 100% of your top team for all four competition is unrealistic, somewhere has to give.

I was not saying they should field the same team in all four competitions, i am saying they should give 100% in each, and should not be saying that because it is the FA cup/ league cup/ Europa league it doesnt matter as much as the league.

i never said we should not give 100 percent.  i suggested we should not field our strongest sides for competitions such as fa and carling cup.  nothing wrong with that. concentrate on europa and prem league, i believe some of us are just being too greedy.

this is not a wind-up,  i always thought most fans have accepeted this.  and it was only the older generation and older fans who still hold the fa cup as some kind of prestigious competition.  it use to be yes. it was prestigious with great tradition,. it WAS

i know you guys got that nostalgia, the imagery flooding back in your minds on the tv screen of the teams walking out of that corner and seeing the twin towers and all that.  the memories of teams walking up the steps to pick up that cup with the colour ribbons of the triumphant side and having royalties waiting up there to hand out the congratulations.

hey i remember all that stuff as well! but times have changed fellers. it really has.

you disagree fine, but explain to me, if the fa cup is so grand and special, why do mid table and top teams field weakened sides,  yes i can forgive the bottom teams who foresee themselves battling for survival who also field understrength sides.

The FA Cup is the oldest knockout cup competition in the world with mountains of tradition and history.

lol im guessing you're an imperialist? hahaha,  talk about being insular and closed minded, you really think people on the outside that follows seria a, la liga, bundesligue, etc even give two hoots about the fa cup.  grow up. so i guess none of these people are following the right sport.

Why should we give a fuck if they give two hoots about it? it's an English competition and one the vast majority of supporters of English clubs would love to win.

Fuck the Europa. Lets win the next 6 and be in the Champions League.

But what about the injuries? We'll never win the title if we have to mess about in that joke of a tournament.

Why should we give a f*** if they give two hoots about it? it's an English competition and one the vast majority of supporters of English clubs would love to win.

never said we should, i was just explaining to wally mcfool

f*** the Europa. Lets win the next 6 and be in the Champions League.

But what about the injuries? We'll never win the title if we have to mess about in that joke of a tournament.

:lol: :thup:

Why should we give a f*** if they give two hoots about it? it's an English competition and one the vast majority of supporters of English clubs would love to win.

Well there's that, but also the fact that every football fan in the world knows the FA Cup. I know plenty of people over here who watch the FA Cup final and it's definitely something football minded people talk about the Monday after.

It might be a season too soon but there is no guarantee that we will be in the same situation next year so we will need to seize the opportunity now.  A lot of clubs have seriously underperformed this season and I am sure they will be trying to address that in the Summer. 

the fa cup final is a great spectacle, however i don't think winning it would attract players in the same way as good league placing would,(especially champs league placing). deep down we all know poor teams can win the fa cup, look what we had to beat on our last two runs to the cup final.

Other than Champions League I don't think anything attracts the top, top players (except money), we managed to get the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye without Europa League.

the progress we've made will count for a lot aswell. if we were 16th and in the cup semis i don't think we'd be seen as as attractive.

It might be a season too soon but there is no guarantee that we will be in the same situation next year so we will need to seize the opportunity now.  A lot of clubs have seriously underperformed this season and I am sure they will be trying to address that in the Summer. 

The bit in bold to me is the important bit- you've got to take your chances when they're presented to you because football's a funny game.

the fa cup final is a great spectacle, however i don't think winning it would attract players in the same way as good league placing would,(especially champs league placing). deep down we all know poor teams can win the fa cup, look what we had to beat on our last two runs to the cup final.

Yet it's very rare they do.

http://i.imgur.com/7d2j9.jpg

:thup:

liverpools on there a bit,  pompey, everton, thats spurs team wasn't great. look at many of the poor teams they beat aswell, us twice when we were poor, millwall, cardiff just off the top of my head.

To get back to the thread i'd be fucking furious if we did a Spurs/Mong and suddenly decide we're above all the Waffa Cup shit based on sweet FA. Fucks me off no end when teams get in and then sack it off.

I'd quite happily sacrifice a couple of league positions for a run in the Waffa or any of the cups tbh. League is good and all that but the though of us being in another final/winning owt is too much to comprehend.

To get back to the thread i'd be fucking furious if we did a Spurs/Mong and suddenly decide we're above all the Waffa Cup shit based on sweet FA. Fucks me off no end when teams get in and then sack it off.

Especially considering how winnable the competition could be.