The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Was supporting Bayern in the other match but I'm supporting Real now. Surely Real would beat Chelsea. What the f*** was that tonight? I was watching it in a pub in Chelsea, I screamed "come on" when Busquets scored and several people looked round, I was the only one. Cannot believe they couldn't put Chelsea away, so many of their passes just square and square and square. Messi had a really poor game by his standards but at least he tried to move the ball forward. Pisstake, absolute pisstake

barce have done that all season. early season it was very apparent away from home and more recently it's taken them longer to break teams down at home. as teams have defended deeper they haven't evolved to beat it.

You don't need to do much evolving when you've won 2 of the last 3 CLs, of course.

This Barca team will be back. It just goes to show that crazy things can and do happen in football. In another tie, Messi's shot hits the post and goes in and no one remembers anything. In another tie, Fabregas - the 30m man - doesn't have a shitter in the first leg and Barca come home with the lead and chill out.

Can't see Chelsea beating Bayern or Real in the final.

Did anyone see them beating Barcelona? :lol:

No, but then they'll have to set up differently with half a team missing. Lightening rarely strikes twice.

It just has in this tie.

The injuries make it even more unlikely but it's hardly impossible (especially if it was Bayern).

I am honestly aghast that there are Newcastle fans who enjoyed watching that and were even close to being in two minds about it. Really completely and utterly puzzled.

If Chelsea Beat Barca and whoever in the final with their remaining 4 players they can have 4th spot :lol:

Messi the best player in the world ever (ahead of the likes of Pele, Maradona and Zidane), Xavi and Iniesta the best passers of the ball and Barcelona the best team since football was created could not get past 10 man Chelsea without their top 2 centrebacks. Laughable really, bwahaha. To those who worship Barcelona, remember today just in case you want to bring up any of the crap arguments ever again.

As for Chelsea, no way they will beat either Bayern or Madrid with so many key players missing. If we get 4th, we'll qualify for CL

Dear me.

"bwahaha" was a highlight.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How many times have they said "written in the stars" tonight? Doing my head in.

What's the Sky Sport's Football 'song' this year? ;)

Guest VaVaVoom

I am honestly aghast that there are Newcastle fans who enjoyed watching that and were even close to being in two minds about it. Really completely and utterly puzzled.

Same here. I understand there are people who want to be contrare and dislike possibly the best team ever, but when it affects NUFC? I just can't fathom that.

don't get me wrong, i wanted barce. but i don't see it as the disaster some do, it could even be advantageous to us.

This.

Let's just hope Bayern win the f***ing thing.

Mourinho or Terry lifting that trophy would make any c*** sick.

terryu lifting it could affect us badly, mourinho winning it wont affect us badly.

Why are people even sure Madrid will make the final? Bayern are ahead in the tie.

Exactly, and they're hardly shite. If Bayern get to the final, Chelsea will be clear favourites IMO.

Nah, definitely not with Munich on home soil.

I don't have a dislike of Barcelona, but I'm not that Partizan that I don't enjoy other British teams doing well in Europe, was genuinely hard to not be caught in two minds about the result!

Are you for real? ???

This is as gutted as I've been all season.

From one extreme to the other that. It's barely changed our scenario iyam.

Was supporting Bayern in the other match but I'm supporting Real now. Surely Real would beat Chelsea. What the f*** was that tonight? I was watching it in a pub in Chelsea, I screamed "come on" when Busquets scored and several people looked round, I was the only one. Cannot believe they couldn't put Chelsea away, so many of their passes just square and square and square. Messi had a really poor game by his standards but at least he tried to move the ball forward. Pisstake, absolute pisstake

barce have done that all season. early season it was very apparent away from home and more recently it's taken them longer to break teams down at home. as teams have defended deeper they haven't evolved to beat it.

You don't need to do much evolving when you've won 2 of the last 3 CLs, of course.

This Barca team will be back. It just goes to show that crazy things can and do happen in football. In another tie, Messi's shot hits the post and goes in and no one remembers anything. In another tie, Fabregas - the 30m man - doesn't have a shitter in the first leg and Barca come home with the lead and chill out.

:lol: what about Messi's penalty

I don't have a dislike of Barcelona, but I'm not that Partizan that I don't enjoy other British teams doing well in Europe, was genuinely hard to not be caught in two minds about the result!

Are you for real? ???

I was more gutted when Vermalen scored in injury time.

I was more gutted when the ref didn't send off Luis.

I was more gutted Ba missed that penalty.

Lets enjoy the things that our team can do, for all of this mock posturing going on in the thread about how Chelsea might "rob us off a Champions League spot" - THE SEASON HASN'T ENDED! If the fates conspire and we somehow finish 4th and Chelsea do go onto win the CL then so what? We'll still be in Europe next season and it'll be another quirk of footballing history that we'll have ourselves associated with.

As it stands, I'm still thinking we'll finish 5th and all off this worrying you're doing will be for nowt. (except to laugh at Spurs ;) )

Are you for real? ???

From one extreme to the other that. It's barely changed our scenario iyam.

How not? If we finish 4th now, we can't celebrate. That's changed a fucking lot :lol:

Why are people even sure Madrid will make the final? Bayern are ahead in the tie.

Exactly, and they're hardly shite. If Bayern get to the final, Chelsea will be clear favourites IMO.

Nah, definitely not with Munich on home soil.

IMO, I put. I'll expect them to win it. Like Liverpool.