The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Guardiola has shown himself up slightly recently, as Parky says the striker issue is glaring. He's shown confidence in the kids but you can't rely on them in these types of games AND they are still lacking top class central defensive cover.

Did I watch a different game to this lot? 'You can watch 5-4s and 4-4s and it won't come close to that, it was just very special.'

Aye alright.

Redknapp called it the greatest night in the history of the Champions League :lol:

I don't have a dislike of Barcelona, but I'm not that Partizan that I don't enjoy other British teams doing well in Europe, was genuinely hard to not be caught in two minds about the result!

Are you for real? ???

This is as gutted as I've been all season.

From one extreme to the other that. It's barely changed our scenario iyam.

How not? If we finish 4th now, we can't celebrate. That's changed a f***ing lot :lol:

Chelsea have still got to win it, man. We could still finish 3rd. It's certainly increased our chances of picking up more points in our game at Stamford Bridge, for one thing.

It's also taken Chelsea halfway towards nicking that last CL spot. They're a one-off game away from it man. I don't care if they're playing an XI made up of the best players of all time, it's 90 minutes and anything can happen.

They're slightly closer to winning it, but it's still very unlikely imo - for reasons that have been already been discussed (opposition, potentially playing Bayern on their own turf, dilapidated defence). And i know, i know - one-off game etc - i don't disagree with that, i know the argument. But i'm in the camp that still thinks Chelsea are huge outsiders, even as finalists.

I know as a Newcastle Fan i shouldn't be saying this but i really f***ing enjoyed this, was a great game to watch and not at all bothered with the result, we'll just have to keep doing what were doing and not rely on other results to go in our favor, as for Chelsea they deserve it tbh, playing 60 minutes with 10 men after their captain bottled it (Again) and No CBs and still managing to win is an outstanding achievment.

Exactly, Bayern will pump them in the final so who cares, great watching Barca get put out and Chelsea will be in the Europa next season, win-win if you ask me!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not that type of player to intentionally hurt anyone...

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/Terry-Puyol-gif.gif

Guest elbee909

Did I watch a different game to this lot? 'You can watch 5-4s and 4-4s and it won't come close to that, it was just very special.'

Aye alright.

Redknapp called it the greatest night in the history of the Champions League :lol:

Holy shit, Harry's going for the Chelsea job!

WHY THE f***

did people on here, that call themselves Newcastle fans, want Chelsea to win tonight man?  They're within 90 minutes of f***ing us off for a Champions League spot man.

Its by no means certain they won't do similar in the final as they did tonight.

I am absolutely with you. Fuckin hell...

I don't have a dislike of Barcelona, but I'm not that Partizan that I don't enjoy other British teams doing well in Europe, was genuinely hard to not be caught in two minds about the result!

Are you for real? ???

How not? If we finish 4th now, we can't celebrate. That's changed a f***ing lot :lol:

Chelsea have still got to win it, man. We could still finish 3rd. It's certainly increased our chances of picking up more points in our game at Stamford Bridge, for one thing.

It's also taken Chelsea halfway towards nicking that last CL spot. They're a one-off game away from it man. I don't care if they're playing an XI made up of the best players of all time, it's 90 minutes and anything can happen.

They're slightly closer to winning it, but it's still very unlikely imo - for reasons that have been already been discussed (opposition, potentially playing Bayern on their own turf, dilapidated defence). And i know, i know - one-off game etc - i don't disagree with that, i know the argument. But i'm in the camp that still thinks Chelsea are huge outsiders, even as finalists.

Fair enough, but I'm of the argument that knocking out the title holders and making the final makes you strong candidates.

This is f***ing pathetic, the game was boring man.

Follow a different sport. Game was fantastic. My heart was beating at a crazy rate, and I didn't even have a supporting interest.

My heart rate was going faster than most games, even Newcastle games, for sure. The tension was ramped up so much. People are saying this could be good for Newcastle. Yeah, it could, but all Chelsea have to do is win one game of football and any hopes we have for CL are over. We could have been so much closer tonight

Messi the best player in the world ever (ahead of the likes of Pele, Maradona and Zidane), Xavi and Iniesta the best passers of the ball and Barcelona the best team since football was created could not get past 10 man Chelsea without their top 2 centrebacks. Laughable really, bwahaha. To those who worship Barcelona, remember today just in case you want to bring up any of the crap arguments ever again.

As for Chelsea, no way they will beat either Bayern or Madrid with so many key players missing. If we get 4th, we'll qualify for CL

Dear me.

I know. It's f***ing laughable. :lol:

Yeah, let's just forget about the two goals that he actually scored in the two CL finals that he's played in and won, and use one penalty miss to judge him forever.

He's the best player in the world against anyone other than Chelsea it seems. I cannot actually believe he's failed to score against them all of these years. He must have played them nearly ten times.

Are you for real? ???

Fair enough, but I'm of the argument that knocking out the title holders and making the final makes you strong candidates.

All it takes it one Jens Lehmann like bit of madness to swing a final. It's not ideal by any means but hopefully whoever will have too much. You'd imagine pretty much all Chelsea are going to be doing in training is working on defensive situ's with their makeshift back 4.

Glenn Hoddle commending Terry for coming out and giving an interview.

No, he's a f***ing sly weasel for doing it in the first place, then lying about it at half time.

He just stumbled into him though.