The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Gary Neville's cry there. Oh dear god :lol: :lol:

Is it wrong that I want it as a text message alert?

:lol: Was honestly waiting for a decent clip to pop online so I could do this.

We're 4 points ahead of Chelsea with 4th place in our own hands.

Chelsea being in the final has completely taken it out of our own hands. We won't even be able to celebrate finishing 4th if it happened FFS. How can people try to skew this to be positive is completely beyond me.

Great minds.

That as your text alert and the Archer: Mulatto Butts song as your ringtone? You weirdo :lol:

Not that type of player to intentionally hurt anyone...

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/Terry-Puyol-gif.gif

Oh my god, he gave him a Chinese Burn! Is Puyol a man or a mouse?

He'd just had his wrist stood on or something, had it strapped up shortly after.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Puyol had just dislocated his finger, which Terry also decided to give a squeeze once Puyol signalled that his finger was pointing sideways.

Was he taken off injured or did he make a miraculous recovery and play the whole game?

Bert Trautmann played in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck.....modern football I suppose.

He'd just had his wrist stood on or something, had it strapped up shortly after.

Was he taken off injured or did he make a miraculous recovery and play the whole game?

Bert Trautmann played in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck.....modern football I suppose.

Quote fail but aye you're not a real man unless you play with a broken back these days. Puffs the lot of us.

Absolutely sickening. Chelsea may have half their first team missing for the final, but the remaining half is easily good enough to do exactly what they did today, i.e. camp in their own half and take the few chances that come their way.

And Barcelona ffs. I think Guardiola took the Total Football concept too far with there being no strikers in the team.

Look, man: teams lose yearly in the CL and no one complains. The only reason people are complaining about Barca is because they have achieved so much - they have done what no team has done before. So whenever they lose, it's a big deal. But the only reason they win so much is because they play with this style, which is unmatched. They're not going to abandon the whole reason they've achieved so much in their greatest hour of need. They're going to do what they've done for four years because for four years, they were the best club team on Earth and did what no club team has ever done before. For you to suggest that they abandon that is just unbelievable. They missed Villa a lot today but they still had a ton of chances to kill the game off earlier on. The penalty miss just seemed to have such a big psychological effect on them.

I do think a different option would help them though, namely a striker with a bit of physical presence.

I agree that changing the entire philosophy would be silly, but against the top defensive sides it's just too hard to play your way through like they try to do with any success.

It's not even about the personnel primarily though. So many times tonight they got it in decent spots out wide and there was only a couple of players in the box, with three or four of them standing outside the box waiting for the ball to be cleared. They need to commit more men forward and sling some crosses in if teams are gonna park the bus, just to change things up a bit.