NUFC Kits

Espio

Haven't bought a top for years, don't wear replica tops to the match so would only ever wear it when i'm playing football. Got a load of other teams' tops for that as well.

:thup: Think the last one I bought was the purple away top from the relegation season, cost me about £3 in JJB after we'd went down. :lol: Think I'd also had the home kit from that season, but that came out a season earlier.

Still doesn't stop this one being a mess mind. :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

These threads are class.

20 pages of boooooooooooooooooo hate it boooooooooooooooooooooo wtf have they done omg boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

then 20 pages of ... you know it... it looks ok on the players....

then 20 pages of PWOPA LUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

this happens pretty much every year

Presume these designers think their boss will wonder what they pay them for if they come back with something as boring as black and white stripes.  "I know, we'll have the stripe twist around half way down like a fucking gymnast ribbon"

These threads are class.

20 pages of boooooooooooooooooo hate it boooooooooooooooooooooo wtf have they done omg boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

then 20 pages of ... you know it... it looks ok on the players....

then 20 pages of PWOPA LUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

this happens pretty much every year

I normally agree but I do really not like that 'leaked' shirt.

Thing that makes me so sick, is that somewhere, someone got paid for coming up with the idea of those 'spikes'. There are so many people out of work, and yet someone got paid for that monstrosity.

Would make more sense to do a fan competition. Each big Newcastle forum puts forward a couple of fans to design the shirt then there is a vote from that.

That way the mackems can't really vote for a shit shirt and most photoshops on here are a million times better than the 'experts' can put together.

Do love this seasons mind.

Would make more sense to do a fan competition. Each big Newcastle forum puts forward a couple of fans to design the shirt then there is a vote from that.

That way the mackems can't really vote for a s*** shirt and most photoshops on here are a million times better than the 'experts' can put together.

Do love this seasons mind.

Definitely the way to go. For one thing, it would be great PR for Puma, what with them essentially interacting with its target market. It actually wouldn't hurt for them to listen to the fans for once...

Guest Grim Dux

Maybe it would work...but then again you might get something even worse. There are a lot of really dumb people out there, and giving them the power to vote on something like that could backfire.

Look at NBA franchises like the Raptors, Bobcats, and Wizards. People were allowed to vote for the names of those teams when they first started and look what happened.

Just think if it was established forums with member only votes (say over a certain number of posts/time on the forum) then it would be a more sensible vote and not just a bunch of idiots voting for the one with the yellow spots.

Or they could have a vote via membership numbers.

Just think if it was established forums with member only votes (say over a certain number of posts/time on the forum) then it would be a more sensible vote and not just a bunch of idiots voting for the one with the yellow spots.

Or they could have a vote via membership numbers.

would have to be membership numbers... otherwise the SMB would enjoy themselves too much.

Whats the craic with the Puma shirts always being leaked anyway? It was leaked ages before it was announced officially last year as well.

aren't all strips leaked ? (well at least the ones enough people are bothered about.)

Maybe it would work...but then again you might get something even worse. There are a lot of really dumb people out there, and giving them the power to vote on something like that could backfire.

Look at NBA franchises like the Raptors, Bobcats, and Wizards. People were allowed to vote for the names of those teams when they first started and look what happened.

They got ace names?

They got ace names?

they are crap names, generic with little about the team/area. could you imagine the US system of nicknaming in England, we'd be the Newcastle ravens or something else thats shite and unnatural.

Whats the craic with the Puma shirts always being leaked anyway? It was leaked ages before it was announced officially last year as well.

Maybe it's a way of gauging the public opinion before they decide to put them on sale (allowing them to make some tweaks with the strip here and there). Obviously this is not the case so don't know why I mentioned this in the first place. Just a thought...

They got ace names?

they are crap names, generic with little about the team/area. could you imagine the US system of nicknaming in England, we'd be the Newcastle ravens or something else thats shite and unnatural.

It's like their "United" and "Town" add-ons. It's a cultural thing and wouldn't work in Europe so the comparison is moot. In my opinion, with the US system in place, Raptors > Beavers, Hogs, Tarantuals, Scorpions and Grizzlies. Not Dragons though, Dragons should've won.

They got ace names?

they are crap names, generic with little about the team/area. could you imagine the US system of nicknaming in England, we'd be the Newcastle ravens or something else thats s**** and unnatural.

It's like their "United" and "Town" add-ons. It's a cultural thing and wouldn't work in Europe so the comparison is moot. In my opinion, with the US system in place, Raptors > Beavers, Hogs, Tarantuals, Scorpions and Grizzlies. Not Dragons though, Dragons should've won.

even as nicknames they're crap. i love the organic british nicknames (interesting to find out some euro ones aswell), the saddlers, the biscuitmen, the bullie wee etc. the american style is like someone saying "you know what, i don't have a nickname, lets think, right listen everyone i need a nickname, the choices are, ace, star,and hero"