NUFC Kits

Espio

Not really that bad tbh, just pointless spikes

It's not just spikes like in the mock-up though, the stripes are actually different thicknesses around the spikes.

I don't think they're supposed to be 'spikes' I think they're supposed to give the impression the stripe has been "twisted" half way down.

I think they're supposed to be Puma claw marks...!

Actually it is a comment on the old money hegemony of the current Champions League cabal and the 'spikes' are the potentially fatal cracks apparently caused by the delicate sledgehammer of our formidable front three.

:thup:

Whilst the design leaves a lot to be desired, I will hold my opinion till I see the quality and fit of the actual product. I expect it to be shite, but ala the photo we've seen, but I shall bite my tongue.

So much overreaction in here, I think it will look class on. The spikes don't look too bad either. People will come to like it just like last years. Overall, thumbs up for me :thup: (could be worse and you could just get an identikit like stokes design)

I just like our home kits to be black and white stripes, no fancy shit, just slick black and white stripes of equal shapes, sizes and quantities like our Championship kit. I just cannot see what those spikes bring to it, and cannot at all comprehend what was going through the bloke's mind who sanctioned it.

I suppose i'm just a bit gutted after seeing what Puma did with Feyenoord tbh.

i'm looking for omens here. recently the worse the strip the better we do. the bar code strip was promotion under keegan, the maroon hooped shirt gave us our best finish and we were great, the yellow away strip was promotion again and(not sure here but) wasn't the orange strip slagged off when it was first in the press.

You're claiming the maroon hooped shirt was bad? You're f***ing insane.

it was very much slagged off when first out.

:huff: not by me

nor me, everyone else seemd to hate it though when first out. too much "red" apparently.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

These threads are class.

20 pages of boooooooooooooooooo hate it boooooooooooooooooooooo wtf have they done omg boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

then 20 pages of ... you know it... it looks ok on the players....

then 20 pages of PWOPA LUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye cruel world.

:lol:

FWIW I think it'll look alright on. We've had plenty in the past that looked far, far worse on the non-promo pics than this.

aye this, it'll depend how much the "spikes" dominate the shirt 'cause otherwise it's a fairly simple decent design...however on that leaked pic it does look like it's made out of the cheapest shit in the entire world though :(

Guest Jungle Barry

I quite like it tbh. Would obviously prefer to see it properly before making a judgement either way. If it has the same button down collar as the Italy shirt (which it looks like it has on that leaked pic) then all the better.

You can see the width of the stripes being all over the place even on the nufc.co.uk image, adding a few horizontal lines for reference shows exactly what's going on

http://i.imgur.com/BHkGj.jpg

just properly noticed newcasale too :(

mackems take the north easts top classy dogs trophy for advertising this year then

How hard can it be to make a newcastle home kit?  Take a shirt, add black and white stripes, chuck on a sponsor, crest and makers logo and you're done.  Dont see why they havve to try and be clever and artsy the fucking thing up.  All our best kits were plain black and white stripes.

Guest Grim Dux

Fix the collar and take away the spikes and it would be just fine. Wish they would stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just go classic and understated.