Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 06/05/12 @ 1:30pm (live on Sky)

JH

Guest VegasToon

Emotional day with the unveiling of the Sir Bobby Statue.  I hope it inspires the players and we crush them.

Does any one know if TV will cover the unveiling?

This is surely the biggest game we have played in a long time.  It is a real opportunity on a number of levels.

I am pretty sure every single person in the ground will be up for this, hopefully the best atmosphere since Shearers testimonial and the result to go with it.

I remember the atmosphere in the FA cup against Chelsea a number of seasons back, I think its they one where Bridge broke his leg and Jose used all his subs, the atmosphere was electric and the crowd drew an extra 10% out of players if I remember rightly even Kluivert scored? Hope its the same Sunday, but yes if Arsenal fail to win it should be crazy in the stadium.

Who is the ref for this? Man City have got a lot of decisions against us in the last 2-3 games IIRC.

Game at the Etihad last season was ridiculous, we had an absolute stonewall penalty turned down when Shola knocked it past Lescott and they got a penalty for a foul outside the box which Tevez scored.

Martin Atkinson  :hmm:

I said in the Chelsea game that we needed to be patient and make sure we don't concede early on, its more of the same for this game.

Man City will be nervous but well up for it, we need to crush their morale by stopping them playing. Once we have done that we can hurt them.

This really is a wonderful game to have. After the game monday gone, this is the biggest game of the season and we play king makers, magic.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini believes Sunday's fixture at Newcastle will be a tougher test than Monday's derby against Manchester United, which City won 1-0 to move top of the table.

:bluestar:

Fully expect them to buckle under the pressure, especially after they celebrated their Man U home win like the title was already in the bag. 2-0 to us. Cisse and HBA to score.

I think that's a good shout, plus Fergie will probably have put a call into the ref to make sure we get a few extra decisions ;) :)

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini believes Sunday's fixture at Newcastle will be a tougher test than Monday's derby against Manchester United, which City won 1-0 to move top of the table.

:bluestar:

City fan at work said exactly the same.

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all nervous about this. I'm only excited. It feels different.