Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew on Debuchy: “fingers crossed he passes the medical, that’s probably key to that." Says personal terms talks "have gone well."

What the fuck does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some shit. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

I think its this attitude that full backs have to be stoppers first and foremost is what has been our downfall for some time now.

In any wide position its essential for a player to be skillful and creative. Whether he can then go and kick lumps off the opposition winger comes secondary to me.

If we'd have set up from the off this season with 3 centre backs and Santon & Fergie as wing backs, our league position would be much healthier right now. Its a back 3 that provides good defensive cover at all times. A system we never seem to want to play!

I don't think I've ever seen a team in the PL _choose_ to play with a back 3, would love to see us try it... if we had the personnel for it anyway (us having 3 good and healthy centerbacks, haha).

Wigan say "hi".

Pardew on Debuchy: “fingers crossed he passes the medical, that’s probably key to that." Says personal terms talks "have gone well."

What the f*** does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some s***. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

He spoke some sense last season. This season however...I mentally switch off whenever he speaks.

What the f*** does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some s***. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

keegan would come out with stuff like that all the time, we were spending loads and playing well, no-one gave a shite.

I seriously hope this guy does sign more than ever now mind. 6 months too late like!

I liked what I saw of him at the Euros, was always available and wanted to bomb on at every opportunity. He seemed refreshingly more aggressive than the average French mercenary too.

After tonight I bet he's itching to get out there and rampage down the right flank with Willo.

he's not going to be a massive change on the defensive side (apart from the oppo being more wary of him getting the ball)

I think its this attitude that full backs have to be stoppers first and foremost is what has been our downfall for some time now.

In any wide position its essential for a player to be skillful and creative. Whether he can then go and kick lumps off the opposition winger comes secondary to me.

If we'd have set up from the off this season with 3 centre backs and Santon & Fergie as wing backs, our league position would be much healthier right now. Its a back 3 that provides good defensive cover at all times. A system we never seem to want to play!

definitly, full backs are the new goalkeepers in that they are so important but don't get the recognition, financially and tactically.

:thup: Been saying that for a while, ridiculous how teams ignore how important they are.

It's no coincidence that the best teams have f*cking quality attacking fullbacks.

The best teams have quality everything.

I don't think I've ever seen a team in the PL _choose_ to play with a back 3, would love to see us try it... if we had the personnel for it anyway (us having 3 good and healthy centerbacks, haha).

Wigan say "hi".

Oh :lol: My bad then, I thought they played with a traditional 4 most of the time.

I seriously hope this guy does sign more than ever now mind. 6 months too late like!

I liked what I saw of him at the Euros, was always available and wanted to bomb on at every opportunity. He seemed refreshingly more aggressive than the average French mercenary too.

After tonight I bet he's itching to get out there and rampage down the right flank with Willo.

he's not going to be a massive change on the defensive side (apart from the oppo being more wary of him getting the ball)

definitly, full backs are the new goalkeepers in that they are so important but don't get the recognition, financially and tactically.

:thup: Been saying that for a while, ridiculous how teams ignore how important they are.

It's no coincidence that the best teams have f*cking quality attacking fullbacks.

The best teams have quality everything.

Not always they just make up for it having ridiculous amount of class in other areas....

What the fuck does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some shit. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

JFK anyone??

keegan would come out with stuff like that all the time, we were spending loads and playing well, no-one gave a shite.

Nah. Example please.

As long as he doesn't desperately try to blast balls past/through players, treat the ball like its going to rape him and can put his foot on the ball with his head up; looking to play a sensible pass, then I forsee a vast improvement. Let pards moan at him for not putting his foot in and running faster.

JFK atleast never tried to pretend he was someone else, there was no airs or graces with him, if someone needed to be called a c*** he called them a c***.

100%

Air and graces. Excellent way to describe Pardew. Absolutely hate the sound he makes when he pronounces his "s's". So fucking contrived trying to sound like something he's not.

Think Villa have been trying it which just goes to show that formations need time to embed. Personally think we have the full backs now to play 433 and that Colo would be great in such a formation. Maybe:

Krul

Taylor Colo Douglas

Debuchy Cabaye Anita Santon

HBA Cisse Marv (Remy)

Cabaye and Anita are far from ideal for such a formation, or I'd be in favour.

Plus, Marveaux is too good through the middle to be put out there.

With three CB the CM positions are about passing and work rate rather than size. The front three are mobile but two must drop behind the ball when possession is lost. The key is speed on the break.

Guest Nikos34

definitly, full backs are the new goalkeepers in that they are so important but don't get the recognition, financially and tactically. (diagree re ferguson though, like the lad but think he needs time on loan)

Well I don't think Ferguson has ever been given a genuine opportunity to shine to be honest.

Whenever I've seen him play he has always impressed me. He's confident, quick, more than comfortable on the ball, a great crosser and he's a tough tackler despite his schoolboy appearance. Its such a shame he only ever seems to get a 10 minute cameo here and there when the game is, more often than not, already lost and the team has become disjointed.

We need to start showing some faith in undoubtedly talented youngsters like him and Sammy and give them a fair run in our side for a change. Hate to say this........like Rodgers has done with Sterling.

definitly, full backs are the new goalkeepers in that they are so important but don't get the recognition, financially and tactically. (diagree re ferguson though, like the lad but think he needs time on loan)

Well I don't think Ferguson has ever been given a genuine opportunity to shine to be honest.

Whenever I've seen him play he has always impressed me. He's confident, quick, more than comfortable on the ball, a great crosser and he's a tough tackler despite his schoolboy appearance. Its such a shame he only ever seems to get a 10 minute cameo here and there when the game is, more often than not, already lost and the team has become disjointed.

We need to start showing some faith in undoubtedly talented youngsters like him and Sammy and give them a fair run in our side for a change. Hate to say this........like Rodgers has done with Sterling.

na! just don't see it. i remember watching sterling v our reserves and he always looked a class above (in the rare live game adam campbell looks like this) sammy and ferguson didn't and neither have done enough at this level to make anyone think they deserve a run. hopefully they get a chance and prove their worth but right now they aren't worth the risk.

imo him coming in is vital just to give the place some sort of lift.

He's not gonna fix all of our current problems by himself, but hopefully he can show his experience and help some of our other players. Happening far to late this transfer.

imo him coming in is vital just to give the place some sort of lift.

He's not gonna fix all of our current problems by himself, but hopefully he can show his experience and help some of our other players. Happening far to late this transfer.

i just hope his coming means tiote reverts to his basics.....aint holding my breath though.