Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/inter-milan-relance-pour-debuchy-862579.shtml

Not sure of the reliability of the source, but basically says Inter will pay 7m Euros for him.

Sounds like bullshit if the lauged of our £4m bid.

It is strange , but most journo's seem to think think a bid of around £6m will be enough..... the extra 2m making all the difference from a joke to a serious offer lol.

Well £6m is a 50% increase over £4m. A 50% increase could easily change a bid from being a 'joke' to being acceptable.

Have only seen a little bit of him really but if all the reports are right, £6mill would still be good business I feel.

Think we'll meet them half way with the next offer. I suspect there'll be a bit of cat and mouse for a while yet.

Fingers crossed

Martin Emmerson ‏@Martycricket

Just heard @LukeEdwardsTele with a Debuchy question for Yohan Cabaye last night. Hear the answer at 8.30am on @bbcnewcastle #NUFC

Expand

12h Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

@Martycricket that's because my interview was hijacked by a BBC reporter

7:54 AM - 20 Jun 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

10h Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

@LukeEdwardsTele @martycricket Poor form, that. Luke does the hard work & someone else broadcasts it first!

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

Cabaye is my kind of footballer in more ways than 1. Marched past everyone in mixed zone but stopped when he recognised me from #nufc beat

Guest Tyson

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/20/united-want-demba-ba-to-link-up-with-luuk-de-jong-61634-31220023/2/

Yesterday morning also brought further confirmation of an initial offer for Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

The bid – tabled low at £4million – is a historic one and Newcastle have yet to follow it up with an increased offer, a fact that brought ridicule from Lille boss Rudi Garcia.

The French side say they want double United’s offer but Newcastle are attempting to broker a deal for around £6million and hope to use the player’s desire to come to St James’ Park as a bargaining tool. In case the move falls through they have sounded out alternatives, having made enquiries about Nathaniel Clyne of Crystal Palace.

“He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere,” Garcia revealed on Tuesday.

“If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve – but we have not planned to replace him.

“But I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million – but they must have the wrong player.”

That's a fair enough comment ie. taking the p*ss out of what is a derisory offer.

Higher profile (quality & in-demand) players, entering the advanced stages of their respective contracts (1 or 2 yrs), haven't been moving for peanuts-type fees lately. Kagawa to Man United is the obvious one so far. Our valuation (as a starting point in negotiations) is half that of Lille's. Looking at what the market is presently indicating that starting offer is way out-of-touch for an in-demand player, at a CL qualified club, with obvious pedigree and is backing that up at a showpiece tourney in the player market.

Comparing his positional importance, & the influence exerted on a game, to Kagawa (and the fee involved) it's not unreasonable for Lille's board to demand a *starting fee of 8m

*To rise if there's a collective & concrete spike in interest.

I'd be surprised if Lille got £8m.

True. He's 27 soon, so this will be his final long-term contract. Because of his age, he'll have no resale value, unless he plays exceptionally well. Had Deubuchy been in Santon's age bracket, £8 mill and upwards would've been more realistic.

So nowt interesting then

Just give them 6 million ffs :lol:

If we went straight in with 6 I bet my left bollock they would have wanted 8.

and i bet your right

i've got plenty confidence of us going back in with a better bid, i'm just impatient and wanted them to do it yesterday :D

Guest Roger Kint

Plus if we bid again while we cant speak to him it gives other teams a chance to match or beat our bid. When France are out next week then i imagine we will be back in.