Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

At a press conference, Rudi Garcia was questioned by the media about the future of Mathieu Debuchy. The coach gave Lille a lighting situation.

"Michel Seydoux yesterday received an offer from Newcastle which is not sufficient. He decided to close the case of a possible departure of Mathieu last night. This is disappointing, since I knew it had hoped to leave, but it is a responsible boy. Now it comes to work for the season. The deadlines come quickly. "

Aye, bet he's devastated.

I really don't blame Lille. They were prepared to sell him. Our offer is fucking terrible if they've already lowered their asking price from €10m to €8m.

So much for Ashley "being galvanised by last season and willing to push on".

At a press conference, Rudi Garcia was questioned by the media about the future of Mathieu Debuchy. The coach gave Lille a lighting situation.

"Michel Seydoux yesterday received an offer from Newcastle which is not sufficient. He decided to close the case of a possible departure of Mathieu last night. This is disappointing, since I knew it had hoped to leave, but it is a responsible boy. Now it comes to work for the season. The deadlines come quickly. "

I really don't blame Lille. They were prepared to sell him. Our offer is f***ing terrible if they've already lowered their asking price from €10m to €8m.

Tbf they said they would only sell when they've found a replacement and they said they don't class the lad from Troyes as that.

Looks like both clubs are playing hardball. Maybe Ashley doesn't want to concede to other teams demands as it may set a president. Even if we do give in somewhat at least Ashley is showing the Newcastle are no longer name your price type of club??

Quick question... How many years does he have left on his contract as I thought it was 1yr but reading 3yr from various places today?

Till 2015.

Cheers... Swings the balance to Lille more... You can see why they want 10m euro...

NUFC have an amount they think Debuchy is worth. If Lille want more than that amount they won't get it. I don't want NUFC to cave in and pay exactly what Lille want. I want NUFC to pay as little as possible for the players we buy. It's not like there is a bidding war going on for Debuchy. If Inter Milan want Debuchy how come they haven't agreed a fee with Lille yet? Debuchy supposedly wants to come to us. If it happens, the transfer may take until the last day of the transfer window. We have plenty of cover for the Right Back position (Simpson, R.Taylor, Perch & Tav). They may not be as good as Debuchy but if we don't sign Debuchy we'll still be OK. Debuchy is a very 'nice to have' but he's not a necessity.

When are the Second Legs of the Champions League qualifiers?

Could see a last week offer of a similar bid we've made now being accepted with a compromise,

a) Lille accept €6m on the basis that Debuchy has played his part in the Champions League qualifiers

b) We agree that €6m is reasonable even though it's under their asking price, knowing he'd be ineligible for Europe this season.

I really don't blame Lille. They were prepared to sell him. Our offer is fucking terrible if they've already lowered their asking price from €10m to €8m.

I don't blame Lille for not being happy about us not offering the money they want.  But that doesn't make our offer terrible, certainly not from our own perspective if we've already managed to get them to come down from 10m Euro's to 8m.  We may yet managed to get them to meet us in the middle at 7m Euro's, lets wait and see.

Ignacio Gonzalez, Xisco, Lamine Diatta, Fabrice Pancrate, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Shefki Kuqi.

All panic signings made on deadline day or after as a result of leaving the squad short, and all made under Ashley.

Are we dreadfully short at RB?  Honest question.  Simpson hasn't been sold yet. 

Debuchy would be an improvement, no question.  But we also have another year before Simpson goes (most likely) and we have a number of players who can fill in there. I expect they realize this and so aren't going crazy throwing cash at lille trying to force this through immediately.

Well you always look to improve your first team and looking at our first team I think most would identify Simpson as the weakest player. Then throw in the fact he will leave for free in a year and has failed to agree a new deal with the club and there is a need to bring Debuchy in.

If not they will end up giving Simpson a new, better deal or losing him for nothing. If we do that the club loses the player's value or pays him more than they think he is worth for a new contract. It makes more sense to spend the extra on Debuchy and move Simpson on, and in doing so hopefully improve the first team.

I think you are right that it is not an urgent priority, hence the concern that Ashley will be more than happy to let this run until deadline day and even sign nobody. As my post pointed out he has been happy to do that in the past even to the extent of leaving the squad short and 4 different managers have had to panic sign in September/February as a result. If he's willing to do that then perhaps people shouldn't be so complacent that this deal will be wrapped up.

I think it will, but it's far from a given because of the way Ashley operates.

The series related to the possible departure of Mathieu Debuchy's finally over. Michel Seydoux, chairman of the LOSC, decided that the right side would remain at the club (see news: Mr. Seydoux closes the door for Mr. Debuchy). Rudi Garcia had nevertheless made ​​the departure of its player. He explains.

"Mathieu is disappointed. This is a normal reaction he wanted to leave. But it is a responsible boy. This kind of event is part of the vagaries of a season. I had not planned to replace it. But in view of her career, I had finally grant her request. But a coach always prefer to have the best players at his disposal. But Mathieu is the best right side of France and one of the first in Europe. This is why I was shown about the level of requiring a replacement. I became very involved in the selection. But whether the player sportingly offered was acceptable, but not financially, or vice versa. I eventually became less demanding. Then the president received a new proposal for Newcastle in the day Thursday, it was deemed insufficient. He decided to close the file. "

Seems to me that we are playing it very tight at the moment. Ba is now unlikely to leave which you may imagine has freed up some money or provided some leeway. I'm taking this as a sign that we are negotiating on several fronts.

For a man that is happy to gamble millions on games of chance he's a right twat when dealing with actual people. He clearly doesn't like to feel that somebody has got the better of him.

Give Lille almost what they want and remember we did them for Cabaye.

Hope this isn't over but the sell on fee says to me that we were at our maximum price and were adding on extras to add more incentive. He really wanted to come, Cabaye wanted him to, we should have him over the line but we didn't offer the extra £2m that we apparently were willing to throw to try and get Andy Carroll. Pretty disappointing.

Maybe Debuchy will hand in a transfer request now that they've said he's staying, maybe what we've been after all along.

Pure bollix and speculation like but it will fit in nicely with the rest of the thread.  :lol: