Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

This! With Marveaux pulling the strings with his sublime ability between midfield and attack. The opposition back four wont be able to mark/pressure the both of HBA and Debuchy without giving Marveaux space centrally in front of the defenders, same goes the other way, Marv is so good (when on song) you can't just let him run without pressuring him with bodies as he's so good with the ball. You could see Everton struggling to get the ball off him before they put even more players on him. Didn't have the quality and pace out wide to take advantage of it though.

These two players in their best positions in the right setup would be lethal offensively. Cisse will find plenty of chances, and add a quality left sided forward and wow.

If we can get HBA linking up with Debuchy on the right and Marveaux on the left of a 3 (or someone like a Remy) with Cabaye spreading balls about and putting in through balls from his central forward positon for runners on both sides we might have some really good balance for the first time. Plus as you say Cisse would get plenty of chances from this set up.

I agree, would probably work wonderfully as well, but what i do like about Marv in the more central position is that he can run at players and dribble forcing defences to lose shape and get the defenders out of position while at the same time having the ability to do what Cabaye can do (offensively)

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130103/debuchy-deal-close-says-boss_2281670_3026432?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"He's going through the medical process now and hopefully that all goes to plan," Pardew said. "He's not available for Saturday but hopefully for Norwich, yes.

"It's massively important for our senior players; our senior players who are actually fit and playing have had to see the younger players come in and one or two have struggled, one or two have done well, but they want to see good players around them.

"So it'll be a lift for them in particular - the (Fabricio) Coloccinis, the Tim Kruls, the Perchys, the (Mike) Williamsons who have played most of our games, that there are one or two more senior players in that dressing room."

The Perchys. f***ing hell.

Are you highlighting the nickname or the fact that he's being referred to as a regular?

If it's the latter, I generally don't have many complaints about him being in the team these days. Actually think he's a fairly decent player. Obviously he wouldn't be in my first 11, but let's face it, our first 11 probably won't actually be available at any point this season given the way it's gone.

The nickname, and spelling. If my issue was with the latter I would have been highlighting Williamson.

Have a feeling him Cabaye and Ben Arfa will drag us to safety over the second half of the season.

Do not be too surprised if there's an adaptation period though, I don't think he's likely to be brilliant immediately

A very important point, we can be very quick to judge players.

Have a feeling him Cabaye and Ben Arfa will drag us to safety over the second half of the season.

Do not be too surprised if there's an adaptation period though, I don't think he's likely to be brilliant immediately

I don't think it'll take long for him to find his feet, but certainly agree that people need to be realistic. It seems like a great signing on the little I've seen of him (and the lot I've seen of Simpson/Perch), but some probably need to calm down a bit.

A very important point, we can be very quick to judge players.

Exactly, I understand the optimism but it would seem a lot of peoples hopes are already unattainably high :thup:

I've not seen a lot of him (unlike it would appear most) but it's a big step moving country regardless of how good you are (or are not) particular for defenders IMO.